Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Family, Friends & Freedom!

This weekend was our 6th Annual Dunaway-Davis Fourth of July Picnic!

My parents host this event at their home every year, and we always look forward to it.  It's an evening of family, friends, food, and the most wonderful firework display in Fern Creek.... compliments of my husband!



I love America's colors and look forward to July every year.  Red, white, and blue scream summer, picnics, family, friends and everything American!!





We had a feast this year!  I think we had every traditional Fourth of July picnic must have... and then some!








My brother wasn't feeling great, but still came to hang with us in the heat.  A big thanks to my sweet sister-in-law, she was the biggest help to Mom that night!


Have you ever seen anything sweeter?!?  We could not get enough of Abby & Olivia!







Love my Mommas!


There is NOTHING better than an evening with my three closest and dearest friends.  I loved that we were all together!
Sam, Ann & Jennifer...



I grew up with all of these girls.....  we were practically Will's age (Jennifer's oldest) when we met. Now they all have little ones of their own.  I LOVE this picture. For me, it's my past and present all wrapped into one.






Sam's family has become our family.  We love the Goodins, and can't imagine a family get-together without them now!

This was our first year to have the Hammond family with us!  


And the Cochran family.  Amber is one of my favorite people!

Sarah and Eric....   who NEVER take a bad picture.  Even when it's 104 degrees :)





















Troy, Jason and Eric applying the finishing touches to the firework display.... 


Troy puts a lot of thought into this show and does such an amazing job every year! 




Everyone on the deck with Mom's famous "strawberry goodness" and chocolate cake.... waiting for the first firework to go off....














What a fantastic show, and a wonderful evening.  There is something about being with the ones you love and celebrating a country that we love that is so special.  The privileges that come with being an American, is something we often take for granted.  It's not a perfect system- but I think the best in the world!  Our foundation, what we derived from and stand for, can not be topped!

"My country, ’tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims’ pride,
From every mountainside,
Let freedom ring!"

Troy and I got home around midnight, so exhausted from all the fun.  But before he went to bed, he took notes on all of the fireworks he liked, and what to remember or delete for next year's show.  He is so good!

A big thank you to my Mom and Dad for hosting another fabulous Fourth of July Picnic!

To all of our family and friends- all of this would be nothing without each and every one of you.  We love you all so much!  Thank you for spending your evening with us!

And to my husband....  thank you for the best firework display in town.  I love you!

Until 2013.....

Love,

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. You do such a good job on these. We had such a good time. Olivia even tried to sleep with all of her glow bracelets. The food is always delicious. The fireworks are always great. Thank you,Troy,and the whole gang for inviting us. We truly appreciate the opprotunity to come. You guys are "good people" and it's always a blast. Eric,Nikki,and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, Thank You, for your sweet BLog and for your help this week, down to and including the late night "Gatorade." Troy, Thank You, for the most professional fireworks show, once again ! Your show never fails to amaze me ! I would also like to say "Thank You" to everyone that endured record breaking temperatures to join us in the celebration of "America's Birthday." I love and enjoy all of you.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete