Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Catching Up...

I have been a bad blogger lately...  it's been too long.

And to make matters worse.... we had a great weekend and I have nothing to show for it.  I took very few pictures.  I just wasn't in the mood to fool with the camera this weekend.  Troy is worried about me ;-)

Our weekend began with Chinese Friday.  Jason, Sam, Troy and I get together as often as we can for Chinese Friday.  We wear our pajamas (most of us), eat Chinese food and do absolutely nothing together.  It's the perfect way to end the work-week.


As I said, I was very lazy with picture taking this weekend, but here are a couple of shots of Chinese Friday.


What friends can you lay around on the sofa watching movies with on a Friday night? What friends can you invite to your house and not care about what it looks like.....what you look like.... or if they will have a nice enough time?  Friends that are like family!! 


We love them :)

On Saturday we attended a barbecue with Troy's department to welcome the new first year residents.  Emily (a 3rd year resident with Troy) and her husband, hosted the event at their home.  It was very nice.


Troy loved their dog. "Bourbon," is a Charpe (wrinkle dog), and Troy couldn't get enough.  
   

At one point he took the camera from me and said he was going to take a few pictures of the gathering.  I was thankful because I hadn't taken any. When I later looked at the photos to see what he had shot.....they were all of the dog.


He does the same thing when we're at the beach.  He will take the camera and shoot 4,000 photos of the seagulls.  Seagull walking in sand, seagull flying over water, seagull on top of boat, seagull walking around pool....  it goes on and on. :)  He is an animal lover.


I found this little guy to keep me company :)



He sat in my lap the whole evening.  


I'm convinced that he wanted to come home with me.  


Troy is convinced that Bourbon wanted to come home with him.  Neither one of us would compromise, so both Bourbon and baby stayed behind.

This is Emily (our hostess) and her little girl, Nola Bell.  Aren't they both so pretty?








Though all we have are dog pictures to prove it....   it was a nice evening :)



I spent most of today with my boys......




I had planned on taking Will and Max to the zoo today.  When I asked them this morning if they were excited to go, Will said that he really just wanted to go swimming in our pool (neighborhood pool).  I offered to take them to the zoo, a movie, bowling, etc., but all they wanted to do was swim.  What good boys they are!  So easy to please.

We had the pool all to ourselves for most of the day!












Poor Max, he wanted so badly for these goggles to stay on properly.  He said he just couldn't possibly "catch fish" without them.  When Troy saw the photo of him wearing them he said "well poor little guy, you bought him cheap goggles!  Those are the junkie kind."  ?? Sorry Max!






Both of the boys were so good!!  The only scuffle that occurred between them was a small argument over whether a man o' war fish, or a puffer fish is larger.....  ????.....which I settled by Google-ing :)  I have no idea where they get this stuff!?


Have a good evening :)

Love,

Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment