Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Bunch of Nothing...


This is a bunch of nothing.....  you'll be lucky to make it half way through this pointless post.

A sweet story......

So growing up, my favorite cracker/snack was the Nabisco, "Swiss Cheese" crackers.

My dad would get these crackers and a 2 liter of Ginergale for me whenever I had a stomach bug.  About 12ish years ago, Nabisco stopped producing the crackers. :(  As embarrassing as this is to admit, I researched it, and found that they now are only produced in Canada. :(  I ocassionaly check the grocery store (especially an out of town one!) to see if they've returned- but no such luck.  I haven't seen a box in over 10 years.

A couple of weeks ago, a patient at work talked about leaving the next day for vacation.  She was headed to Canada.  I told her that I'd love to see Niagara Falls, Vancouver, etc., .......but what I would be most excited about is my Swiss Cheese Crackers.  ;-)  HA!  She had never heard of them....  as I'm sure none of you have.

My sweet patient returned a few days ago, and delivered me this.......



MY CRACKERS!!!!  SIX boxes of my crackers!  She traveled all the way from Canada to Louisville with my crackers in tow.  Can you believe that?!? I was so surprised.  I can barely keep up with my purse and passport while traveling, much less six boxes of crackers for someone I hardly know!?  Unbelievable.  It made my week! :)



In other news- I found this baby online.....



I don't know what to do.  I HAVE to have him.  

It's probably a girl....  but all dogs are boys to me because we always had boy dogs growing up.  Is he not the most precious thing you've ever seen?  I wasted a couple of hours this morning researching "Maltese for sale" in Kentucky/Tennessee.   



I've done this several times since we've been married .....  decide that I HAVE to have one of these.  And then I remind myself of all the work that comes with them.  

Oh but she's so precious.

I need anyone and everyone that has a dog (preferably a bad dog) to leave a comment as to why I DON'T need this baby.  Tell me all of the BAD things your doggie does.  Tell me that he will potty on my clean carpet, and chew up my favorite pair of shoes.  And remind me that with my previous dog.....I would cry the first few hours into vacation because I had to drop him off at the kennel.  I need the bad stuff people ;-)

Oh but she's so precious.

I am going to repeatedly text the above pictures to my Mom and hope that she breaks so that I don't have to.  Do not tell my Father. ;-)



Everyone seems to be loving e-cards right now!  Most of them are hateful, but I've seen a couple this week that I thought were cute.

I love this!


And this.....


This big haired girl would have to agree ;-)


And this.....


I've had a spray tan almost every week this summer!  Best thing since sliced bread!!!




Are you ready for trashy tv tonight? 


 I'm embarrassed to promote this show, but I can't help it.  Troy and I both love it.  It's so entertaining. Supposedly, there are two people from Kentucky this season.  If you've never watched, and don't mind some minor inappropriate behavior....  okay... maybe it's not quite so minor.....and LOTS of drama- tune in tonight.  But don't say I sent you there... blame it on Troy.  His face is at the top of this blog too :) 

Speaking of Troy..  I know ya'll get sick of hearing me brag about my husband.  But I can't help it. One of his cases/projects was accepted for a conference and he will be presenting his material in Boston later this year.  He will also be representing his department at an annual conference in San Diego soon.  I am so proud of him!!

I snapped a picture of him just now.....  while watching Jeopardy and eating ice cream.  





Blue Bell's "Christmas Cookie in July" ice cream.  I'm a sucker for all things seasonal/promotional :)

How was that for a random post?

Have a good evening!

Love,

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Kristin I am so proud of you for getting a spray tan instead of baking your skin to the texture of leather. Not to mention avoiding those horrible skin cancers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,
    I can't believe, with the way airlines are limiting luggage, your patient saved room for all those crackers! That was so good of her. Oh, I guess I could have worked in 2 boxes and forced the zipper closed by sitting on the luggage. I don't think they would be the same, SMASHED !
    No Puppy !!! Why ? They are totally like raising a child. Do I have to remind you how spoiled Monchee was? It took the whole family loving on this dog and he still could not get enough
    attention. They are so adorable and Sooooo much work! No puppy.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete