Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Remember my friend and talented cook, Cheryl?  You can read my previous post about her, here.  She invited me over again on Thursday for a "cooking session" and some relaxation.
It was so wonderful.  This picture of me however, is not so wonderful.




As always, I had the best time!

She taught me how to make a fabulous homemade marinade for steak and chicken.  It was honestly one of the best steaks I've had.  For lunch we had steak, chicken and a delicious salad.  She made her own salad dressing from scratch, using a red wine vinaigrette- and even caramelized her own almonds for topping.

So.  Good.




We then made two different desserts.  She wanted me to have a dessert to eat there and something to take home for Troy and I.  So sweet!  We made Oreo mud-pies and a homemade chocolate chip cookie cake.








She told me to come to her house comfortable and ready to relax.  I did just that, and even packed my house shoes.  We settled in on the sofa with our mud-pies and watched a movie.  




If you haven't seen "The Help," I highly recommend it.  We both laughed and cried through the whole thing.  It was the perfect movie to watch with a sweet friend.  

Cheryl then sent me home with enough goodies to last a week.  A little later that evening she sent me a text thanking me for spending the day with her.  ????  Can you believe that?  After all SHE did, she thanked ME!?  I'm not sure I've ever met such a selfless, giving, person.  So thankful for her friendship.

Thank you Cheryl for a wonderful day!  I have many close and dear friends, but I'm not sure that I've ever cooked lunch, watched a movie and just relaxed on the sofa in the middle of the day with any of them!?

Can't wait to do it again!


On Friday evening, Troy had a computer game "event" planned with his best friend, John.  They have been looking forward to it for weeks... some kind of new game??  While he was upstairs playing- mom and I decided to have some girl time, so she came for dinner.

Sam and Abby joined in as well.



It was supposed to be a pajama dinner- but Abby was the only one that followed the rules.  We were so looking forward to girl time, but Abby was a little confused.  She is used to coming to our house with both Sam and Jason.  As soon as her and Sam walked in my front door she looked at Sam...looked at me... and then asked, "Where's my Daddy?"  She then asked where "Toy" was.  I don't think she appreciated it being just us girls :)







Loved spending a Friday evening with my girls!  I love all 3 of you so very much!  When is our next pajama dinner??


Have you visited downtown, East Market street lately??  Troy and I were married at a church on East Market street almost five years ago.  At the time- there was nothing there, and it was a rough area of town.  It is now considered to be the new and upcoming area of Louisville- very desirable to local restaurants, shops, boutiques, etc.
The district is referred to as "NuLu" which stands for "New Louisville."  




On Saturday evening, we met our friends Adam, Heather and Mona in the "NuLu" district for dinner.  

We went to "Harvest," which is a restaurant known for preparing their meals with locally grown fresh produce.  It was casual- fine dining with a very unique menu.

Adam and Heather.....  


Aren't these girls beautiful?  They are also gorgeous on the inside.  Both Heather and Mona are physicians, and just couldn't be any sweeter.  I enjoy their company so much!


After dinner, we crossed the street to "Ghyslain," for dessert.  





This place was divine.  They have a full menu, but also specialize in pastries, gelato, and gourmet chocolates.
  






So glad our friends introduced us to, Ghyslain.

Thank you Adam, Heather and Mona for a wonderful Saturday evening!  We can't wait to do it again next month.  What dessert place in NuLu are we visiting next??  Mona- I told Troy on the way home that I couldn't get over you offering to go to Churchill with me.  It made my day :)


Our Sunday mainly consisted of yard work.

My dad came over to help Troy install a few landscaping lights.


I honestly do not know what we would do without my dad.  He is the BIGGEST help to us with all house projects.  Whenever we call him....and we call him often... he is there within minutes to help.  He has been very good to Troy, and has taught him so many things regarding home projects.  



Troy said it wasn't fair that I posted sweaty, gross pictures of them and not of myself.  Someone asked me the other day if I always walked around with full makeup, fixed hair, etc..  The answer is NO- most definitely, no.  I spend many days in sweats with no makeup and gross hair.

So here's to "keeping it real."   :(






After Troy reads this- I'm deleting those pics.

Now you know why makeup is a necessity for me :(



Thank you to my sweet Daddy for coming over and spending the whole day helping us....again.  We can't thank you enough for being our on call electrician, plumber, landscaper, appliance repairman, mechanic, deliverer of all mom's goodies that she's made for us, etc.  
We love you so very much!

Husband- thank you for all of your hard work too- and for only going "baby hulk" a couple of times ;-)  Even yard work is so enjoyable when I'm with you.


To anyone still reading this awfully long blog post..... (hi mom!)....hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Love,

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I love you too Honey ! You know I am always faithful to the Blog. It is only 8:20 AM and I have already read it twice. :-)

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete