Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Troy

I'm honestly not sure what I ever did in life to deserve this man. He is more precious to me than any birthday card, letter, or blog post could begin to describe.


He is on a very busy rotation this month and on top of that, he is also on call this week. Today he will go from practically sun up to sun down. It will be a very long and hectic day for him. I called him around noon today, I wanted to wish him a "Happy Birthday" again. During his few minutes of break, he was rushing.... practically running.. over to Jewish Hospital to check on his Dad. That's what he chose to do with his few minutes of rest.

Troy is selfless... and he his kind.




We went on vacation this past December. Troy worked up until the very last minute. I picked him up at work, and we headed straight for the airport. As soon as we stepped onto the plane, Troy told me to sit down. I very quietly (under my breath) said "not yet honey- this is still First Class."
"Yes," he said... "surprise... only the best for my wife!" He had upgraded our tickets without me knowing. When we arrived at the hotel there were two dozen roses waiting in our room for me. This was no special occasion, and not a holiday. This was just... Troy. How he walked out of work and onto a plane and still had time to arrange all of this, I have no idea.

He is thoughtful.... he is sweet.


When preparing for Boards, or any other kind of important exam, he always took the time to stay late and help his colleagues. Several people have told him that they wouldn't have passed their boards without his help.

He is generous. He is smart.

Every February, Residents run for positions such as "Chief, Co-Chief, etc." There are several positions and it becomes quite the popularity contest around the department, with lots of pressure to vote for certain people. Troy is not affected by any of this. He votes for who he feels deserves it, and for who he thinks would do a good job... not who he thinks could get him ahead or "in good" with someone else. He is usually the odd ball out when voting.

He is honest. He is brave.



On our way to a funeral a couple of months ago, I asked him if he really thought God would save someone if they called out to Him in the last few minutes of their life (no matter what kind of life they had lived). I think most men would have responded with "I don't know, maybe." Not Troy. He said "I don't think He would.......I know." He then went on to to remind me of a story in the Bible that proved God would do such a thing.

He is comforting.




We are on our third table for the foyer. He has loaded up, brought home, unpacked, put together...... taken down, reboxed, reloaded and returned multiple tables. With only minor fussing ;) I have gotten us into more messes and obstacles with my "it will fit, I know it will... just trust me." Sometimes he gets the piece of furniture (or whatever it is we are dealing with) put together and I say "yes, I think I like it." Only to stare at it for a few days and realize I don't care for it, and I tell him it needs to go back.

When putting luggage in the car for a trip he will say, "I know this is above the weight limit, it's way too heavy. You need to take some things out." I tell him it's fine, it doesn't feel that heavy to me!?
I can't tell you how many times we've had to frantically rearrange luggage in the middle of the airport due to my over packing.

Last week I called him after I left for work and told him I had just knocked the mirror off the side of his car when pulling out of the driveway. He told me it was no big deal, he would fix it. Not to worry.

He is patient.... oh is he patient.


Whether it's because I've had a bad day... or because I've had my feelings hurt, if I cry, Troy cries. Even if I get emotional for a good reason... like during a Hallmark commercial or while seeing the Derby winner be crowned with his roses. If I get emotional- Troy will get a tear in his eye too. I love this about him.

He is sensitive. He is understanding.


Troy can fuss and fume at a video game like you wouldn't believe. I hear him fuss at John (his gaming buddy) to "come on, get serious now- they're going to take us down if we don't get better aim!" And he is very serious. God love John. When we lived in our little apartment he would stomp his foot and scream at the game/the bad guy.. "don't you dare run away from me, come back here before I finish you for good!!" I just knew that the people below us were going to think he was chasing me and that the police would be knocking on our door any minute. ;)

I once had to restrain him from chasing down a lady out of Stein Mart when she stole my picture that I had sat down for a minute, while I re-arranged the things in my arms. "She took your picture!" he said "If you want that picture- you should have it!"

He is very passionate. He is very protective.



I can't mention all of his qualities without saying what he is to me. It's part of what makes him who he is. He is everything I need in a best friend and a husband.... and then some. As I've said.... he's kind, generous, patient, selfless, sensitive... but above all, he loves me.

Oh how he loves me.

I never doubt his devotion to me.... his pride for me, or his love for me. He gives me his everything, and I am so thankful for this.

Troy makes loving him so easy and so much fun. Loving him is my greatest joy in life!


Sometimes I look at him and can't believe that he's mine.



I can't believe he chose me. I can't believe that I get to be his wife.

I can't believe that I get to be the one to light his birthday candles today ... and to remind him of how special he his.

I love you Troy. I love you so much that I wonder how a life of forever with you is ever going to be long enough for me. I can't get enough of you and our life that we have together.

Happy 31st Birthday Husband!



Love,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment