Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What's On Tonight?

This is a silly and boring post......  but I thought it might be fun for me to look back a year from now and see what Troy and I were watching.


Here is what my DVR looks like right now...



I'm always behind on my shows.  We have two DVR's, and the multi-room function (which allows for more recording space) and it's still clogged up.  

But oh how I love my DVR.

Are you watching "Once Upon a Time?"  We love it.  It's a show that Troy and I both enjoy and we watch it together in bed on Sunday nights.  I always look forward to it.
It's a drama series that follows a woman who meets a young boy who insists that fairy tale characters really exists, and that a curse has trapped them into today's world.  The characters are derived from many fairy tales that Disney has adapted over the years.


I love the story book romance between the characters.

This is Charming and Snow (prince charming and snow white) and they usually influence my Monday texts to Troy.  I address all text to "Charming," and sign them, "Love Snow."  :)  I pray he never leaves his phone laying around.....  or his lunch napkins.






What are your thoughts on "American Idol" this year?  I must admit, I think it's kind of slow.  My favorites are Hollie Cavanagh and Skylar Laine, but I fear Hollie is in trouble this week.  To me, she is a modern day Celiene Dion- but the judges are very hard on her, and I don't get it!?  I would like to see Skylar go all the way.

    
I am a huge fan of the original "Dance Moms" and Abby Lee Miller.  Troy plays on his Ipad while I watch it, but will occasionally look up and give his opinion on whether Maddie's lyrical routine should beat Chloe's ballet. :)
So far I'm not a fan of the new "Dance Mom's Miami."  Are any of you watching it?  What do you think?


I record a couple of different cooking shows, but rarely have time to watch them.  One I do try to keep up with is, "The Pioneer Woman."  I enjoy her show because she cooks at home, in her own kitchen and they usually show her family hanging around.  I mainly like her because of her book/autobiography that I've mentioned before.


I try so hard to somewhat watch what I'm eating through the week (key word- TRY, as you have probably noticed- I usually fail), and then take a break/eat out on the weekend.  If it's a good week, and we've been eating really healthy, I then want WHATEVER I see on the cooking show to eat that weekend.  Troy does the same with commercials...  if I've made salads for dinner several nights in a row, he'll see the most random commercial and say "ooooh, I want Long John Silver's this weekend!"  ?????  We've never .....in the 13 years I've known Troy...... had Long John Silver's.  Cooking shows and commercials are not good for diets :)




"Hart of Dixie," is a new show that began this past fall, and I love it.  It's about a New York City doctor that moves to Alabama (out in the middle of no where!) to take over her deceased  father's practice.  She doesn't fit in with the southern bells of the her new town and faces one obstacle after another.  I appreciate this show because it's clean, sweet and light hearted.  Troy makes fun of it...... he says it's "low budge" and that it will be cancelled.


I record CMT's "Top 20 Countdown" (top country music videos) every week and play it/use  it as my background music on whatever day I clean the house!

For anyone that cares- this week's winner was Carrie Underwood's, "Good Girl."



Troy and I both love "The Amazing Race."  We joke about who would do what challenge, knowing that we wouldn't last a day.  God love Troy....  he has no sense of direction what-so-ever.  It is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.  He is honest to goodness the smartest man I know, and yet he typically doesn't know his way home.  If we go to the mall, or movie theater, or our favorite restaurant (somewhere we've been a million times) when we go to leave, he will ask me which way he should turn to go home.

I am not kidding.  The only other person that I know with this bad of a sense of direction is my Mom.  Sorry Mom- but you know I love teasing you and Troy about this.  We all joke and say that Troy and my Mom can never take a trip just the two of them.  They wouldn't make it out of Fern Creek.  And they most definitely will not be signing up for "The Amazing Race."




Unfortunately, this is only a small sample of what I watch....  I'm a tv junkie....with not enough time to keep up with all of my shows.

Troy is sitting next to me and wants to know why I haven't mentioned his shows.  He watches "Spartacus," "The Walking Dead," "Dexter," and "The River."  I usually fall asleep during all of the above, so I don't have any details.

And this has absolutely NOTHING to do with this post, but Troy showed it to me a few months ago and I fell in love with it.  It gets a little slow in the middle- but stick with it, SO SWEET!


*all rights reserved- no copyright intended; all rights belong to the original poster/Lily's family

What are you watching these days?  Any favorite shows?

Have a good Wednesday :)

Love,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment