Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween Weekend



I promise that this is the last of the fall Halloween photos!



We spent Halloween Eve baking goodies (Mommy), and carving a pumpkin (Daddy).





















We chose this year's pumpkin design, thinking of, "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," and the fact that we often call Walt, "Linus."  For as long as I can remember, he has carried around his little blue blanket, just like Linus.

We watched the holiday special many times this year.  I was surprised at how much Walt enjoyed it, and also at some of the things they say in a CHILDREN'S program!?  A thought I want to record for my own memory.... 
 I can't tell you how many times I've seen this Charlie Brown special, and yet, I've never heard the language they use until now.  It's funny how differently you hear and see everything, when you have an innocent baby on your lap.  I cringed with every "stupid," and hateful word.
Why can't the children's shows be as innocent as they are? : (

















An evening of fall baking, pumpkin carving, and "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown," made for the perfect Halloween Eve.





We spent Halloween morning playing at home...





....and that evening we took Walt to a handful of homes for trick-or-treating!






He doesn't really know about candy yet, but did understand to choose a piece, and then drop it into his trick or treat bag.  I thought it was so cute.  I know these people thought I was nuts, as I would squeal every time he did it.  It was just so sweet and big boy to me.

















Ending this post with my favorite Halloween week memory.

Our gender ultrasound appointment was the most BOO-tiful part of our week!!






As we left, the people in the waiting room had to have thought that something was wrong.  I could not stop the quiet tears.

Tears of overwhelming joy.

I still can't believe it!

A son and a daughter.





After the appointment, Walt and I headed to the park with my camera to take the gender reveal photos.  What a memorable day.


Hope you had a great Halloween!


Love,

Kristin





No comments:

Post a Comment