Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Piece of Home



When my parents moved us to Houston at the end of June, they weren't supposed to return until the last week of September.

But that didn't go as planned.

Their hearts couldn't take it...   and frankly, neither could ours.  We were missing them terribly.

They ended up booking a last minute flight at the end of August, and then returned as planned at the end of September.

Here are some of the photos from our two visits with them.



Walt and his airport pick up sign ; )









On both visits, they came with a suitcase of surprises  ; )






Our visits included shopping....






.....a trip to the Houston Space Center..
























....a visit to the zoo...



















...dinner at the Downtown Aquarium....





























...a tour of Houston's Butterfly Aviary....

















....evening swimming...






....and an early Halloween party!  We always have Mom's chili and homemade pumpkin bread on Halloween.  I told her I was sad to miss it this year, and she said she'd make it while in Houston.  They also brought early Halloween surprises for Walt.






The visit also included lots of snuggling and play time (like morning wagon rides that turn into splashing at the pool!).





And something I'll always remember about their visit....

During their stay, I had a very unexpected wisdom tooth issue (who cuts their wisdom teeth at 34?!).  To make a long story short, the tooth had to be extracted while they were here.  I have absolutely NO idea what I would have done if they hadn't been here when this occurred.  I take Walt everywhere with me.  If I have appointment, he goes with me.  But I'm not sure what I would have done with him during a surgery.  Also, I couldn't take much for pain (pregnancy), and therefore the first day of recovery was rough.  I was disappointed that my parents' week of fun turned into taking care of us.  But Troy and I are both so thankful for the timing of this issue.  

We would have never survived the past five months without these visits.  When they are here, it feels like a piece of home is with us.  When they leave, we count down the days until we see them again.  They bring great joy and love to our lives.

We love you Mom and Dad, and can't thank you enough for these visits!






No comments:

Post a Comment