Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Saying Goodbye



The week before we left Louisville was a busy one.  In the midst of packing and making final preparations, we were saying our goodbyes. 

Our work family arranged a goodbye dinner for us...






I pray that one day we once again have a work family like this.  They have been so good to us.






We said goodbye to Cheryl S.












She spoiled Walt & I (and Mom!), one last time. 








We met Cheryl C for one last round of chips & salsa...





(and more gifts!?)...






I miss her already.





We said goodbye to Adam, Heather, Mona...





....and Katherine.





Precious friends that we will miss dearly.







I spent one last Pie Kitchen date with Nate & Jenn.  The three of us shared one final hug in the driveway, before I pulled off.  One hug.... many tears.






Sam had us girls over for one more girl's night.

We shared lots of laughs....







....but once again, ended the night in tears.

I've never lived apart from these girls.  We've been together ....  just a zip code away...  for 25 years.





A couple of nights before we left, we met Sam, Jason & Abby for ice cream.















And with that, came the most heart breaking goodbye, yet.

I was really hoping that Abby was too young to understand all of this.  I was hoping that maybe in her mind, we would be back in a few days.  I didn't want her to go through what we were.

She was very quiet as she hugged me goodbye...  but then I felt her little body start to tremble.  She held on to me for what seemed like forever...  crying the saddest, but sweetest tears.  She knew exactly what all of this was about.  And she told me how sad she was that we had to leave.

Her emotions were so genuine and so heartfelt.  As difficult as it was, I hope to never forget that moment.  It was such innocent, sweet, love.









Sarah and Eric fixed us dinner, and we were able to be spend an evening with family.





It's moments like these that I am thankful that Walt is too young to feel what we do...








Troy's Mom came by again later that week.  She wanted a little more time with us.  I somehow left these photos on my parent's camera, back in Louisville.  I will eventually have to add them, as it too was a special part of the week.


And on the night before we left, Matt & Christy came by for one last play time...








....and one last hug.

I learned later that Christy cried all the way home.





By the end of the week, I was absolutely exhausted.  Emotionally drained, with such a heavy heart.


But all of the sadness, is truly our life's greatest blessing.






I still can't believe that we get to call all of these people, ours.

They are the very reason that our new, big, exciting, beautiful city....   

still doesn't feel like home.

As emotionally draining as it was, I will always remember how we spent that last week in Louisville.  


But we still had a couple of goodbyes left.

The hardest one, were yet to come.






More on this, tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Love,

Kristin




No comments:

Post a Comment