Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day 2015



Blogging feels so different tonight.

I'm writing (for the first time) from a new part of the country...

from a new city....

...sitting in a new corner, of a new room.

But more on that, later.

Our actual Father's Day was spent on the road.  We spent the day finishing up a two day drive to Houston.

But the weekend before leaving, we took some time to honor the two most important men in our lives....






...with a Sunday lunch and cruise on the Belle of Louisville.





























I tried to enjoy every minute of this day, as I knew it would be the last family Sunday lunch, for quite some time.






















It was a special day.


And as far as Father's Day.... and what the day truly represents..

..honestly, I'm overwhelmed.

My Dad spent his Father's Day driving a moving truck for hours, only to then unload it (up a flight of stairs!) in crazy Texas heat.  On his Father's Day, he finally sat down for a piece of cold pizza (that he went to pick up for all of us!), at around 11:00 that night.  His special day was spent working hard to get us here.  There's no sacrifice too big for my dad.  I have absolutely no idea where we would be without him.


And when I think of Troy, and his first Father's Day, I of course think of the day that Walt was born, and of all the special days, vacations, holidays and memorable moments of him as a father.  But even more so, I think of the simple day to day things.  I think of him sitting in our new apartment each morning...  waiting to leave for work.  Waiting on Walt.  Looking at his clock....  then looking at the baby monitor...  knowing that he needs to get out the door...  but just hoping that Walt will wake before he does.

I used to think that there was nothing sweeter than the way that Troy loves me.  Nothing more perfect, nothing more beautiful, nothing more real.

And then he became a father.

Watching him love Walt... with every ounce of his being....  is the sweetest sight I've ever seen.








Oh how I pray that someday Walt has a love for his wife, his son, his daughter...  his family...  the way that his Dad and Grandad do.






No comments:

Post a Comment