Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Walt's 1st Road Trip!



The week before Thanksgiving, we took Walt on his first road trip!  We decided to kick off the holiday season with Christmas shopping in Columbus, Ohio.







For the first two months of Walt's life, he despised the car seat.  He cried every time we left the house.  I can't tell you how many times I had to pull over and take him out (my heart couldn't take it).  I would call mom and tell her that we now lived in whatever parking lot I was sitting in at the time....  as I could never put him back in the seat again!!


My how far he has come in just a couple of months!?  He did so well on this trip and even tolerated an hour and a half stand still traffic jam....   like cars turned off, people out of their cars kind of traffic jam!








We traveled to Columbus to shop the Easton Town Center, and stay at the resort located in the middle of the town square.






Poor Troy......    and he thought we had a lot of luggage before Walt...








The town center had their annual Christmas lighting festival that evening....










It was fun to bundle up and enjoy the lights and festivities.....






















We had dinner at a neat little cafe before calling it a night...









The next morning we spent some time in the resort.....














.....and did a bit of shopping.


But these following photos....  and this memory....  remain my favorite part of Walt's first road trip!


A very special first......






















I couldn't help but to get a bit teary...   it was such a precious sight to me.










And even though we took dozens of our own pictures (above)..... I still can't manage to EVER walk away from a photo that someone shows me of Walt!?  They get me every time!!
  
Hence.....  the obligatory Santa mall photo...





We had lunch and made several outlet stops on the way back to Louisville.  It was a nice first road trip for our little one.





Whew....  that's a wrap for November photos.


Onto December...


Thank you for reading!

Love,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment