Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Visions of Sugarplums!


To me, there's nothing better than family traditions.  Especially holiday ones.  As an adult, I still thrive on my childhood traditions, and love to celebrate them.

I long to give Walt solid, memorable, family traditions.  When he thinks of Christmas, I want him to think of family and memories.

The only thing sweeter than a family tradition, is the love and heart that goes into creating it.

The heart behind the following photos...  and this new Christmas tradition... belongs to my Mom.

GrandMom.

She told me that she wanted to start a family tradition for her grandchildren.  An evening of gingerbread house decorating and cookie making.  An evening where the family is gathered in the kitchen together....  making goodies and making memories!

And I think it may be the sweetest thing I've ever seen.....










































And how much do you love our boys?  They were thrilled to be a part of it, which makes my heart so happy.









We had the best time....  building houses...

building memories...
























While we all decorated gingerbread houses, Mom had trays of cookies going into the oven....











The house smelled delicious...









The cutest pastry chef in town......

































I don't know that I've ever had a sweeter evening!

Mom,

We had the best time!  Nothing makes me happier than to see someone love our baby boy.  Thank you for wanting to make Christmas special for Walt.  For giving him memories, traditions, and a Christmas filled with visions of sugarplums!

We love you so much!

Until next year......







No comments:

Post a Comment