Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend 2014



My favorite weekend of the year did not disappoint!  I love everything about the Thanksgiving weekend.  Time with family, my favorite meal, and it's the weekend that the Christmas spirit seems to arrive for everyone.

And how sweet was our little turkey?












I couldn't get enough!



As always, my parents hosted a beautiful and delicious Thanksgiving day....
















and Walt's very first!


















I love seeing my family gathered around one table giving thanks.  Thanks for another good year, thanks for time together.




















And there's nothing better than a day that ends with everyone gathered around the fire enjoying one another's company.





A wonderful Thanksgiving Day 2014!



We also attended a birthday party Thanksgiving weekend.  Our sweet Katherine turned one!









She had a darling WinterONEderland themed party....






...and the walls were covered in prints from each month of her first year.

Just beautiful!






















Heather's momma  is always so sweet to love on our Walt.  Both her and Adam's mom made over him.  I think is so nice of them.






Birthday baby.....













If every baby were as good and sweet as Katherine, I'm convinced every family would be a Duggar family!  ; )   She makes you want to have 19.   She's always been the most content and enjoyable little one.





A fun afternoon celebrating the best one year old!




We ended our Thanksgiving weekend around Troy's mom's table....




....with another delicious meal...


and lots of snuggle time for Walt...










I'd say Walt's first Thanksgiving weekend was a special one!











To both of my Mommas....  thank you for a perfect Thanksgiving weekend.

Mom- thank you for making me an extra deep dish pumpkin pie (so that I didn't have to share!)... for my favorite  homemade cranberry sauce, and for working so hard to give us a beautiful day.

Mom (Nellene)- thank you for soaking the turkey in Bourbon for me ;-) ....  and for my huge supply of turtle brownies!

But most importantly....  to both of you... for continuing to provide our families with this weekend, and these memories.  I love you both so much for doing it for us.



It's almost silly to say that we are most thankful for Walt this year.  Because that doesn't even begin to describe it.  Saying that we're thankful for him doesn't sound adequate enough.  Our love for him is overwhelming.

I considered including in this post what I'm truly most grateful for this year....  but decided to keep it with me.  

Troy knows.....  as it's often a topic of thanks in our home.

And my mom knows...  as one afternoon I was so overcome with gratefulness and emotion, that I had to text and share.

And most importantly, my Lord knows.  

He knows it's not for things, or possessions, or anything materialistic.

But He knows that I'll always consider it one of my life's biggest blessings......  not only on Thanksgiving....

but every single day.





Hope that your Thanksgiving was overflowing with gratefulness too.

Love,

Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment