Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Waiting for Walt



Waiting is now all we have left to do.


Our hospital bags are packed, the car seat installed, and the house is cleaned to my white glove test, (bringing home baby/nesting!) standard.

Troy is now finished with residency and on vacation until mid July.  What a huge blessing, and such fun.  We will spend the next two weeks soaking up every minute of each other, before Walt arrives.

We are ready.

Now we just wait for our sweet baby.



I sit in his nursery a lot....














and wait....











.....wondering what he will be like.
















Will he be shy and timid ......








or bold and brave?








What will be his likes and dislikes?












What will he enjoy?












Will he have dark hair or light?






 Blue eyes, or green?






What will life bring him?










What will he be?











Where will he go?











Who will he love?



The only negative pregnancy symptom I've experienced over the last 9 months, is insomnia.  On a good night, I sleep 4 hours.  The only good thing that has resulted from this symptom, is my prayer time.  And mostly.....  my prayers turn to Walt.

I've spent hours praying for our son.  A lot of prayers are for his health and well being.  Some prayers are for Troy and I....  that we are guided in raising him.  I've prayed for his safety, his childhood, and his teenager years.  I've prayed for his education, his friends....  and believe this or not, I've spent lots of time praying for his future wife.  I pray that Walt loves her as much as Troy loves me.

But more than anything....   I've prayed that Walt loves the Lord.  That he has a heart for Him, longs to know Him, and serve Him.

And I pray that he always knows how much he is loved...

how much he is wanted....

and how much of a joy waiting...and dreaming of him ....has been.








                  
Nursery from Kristin Davis on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Walt's nursery is beautiful!
    How exciting he is almost here! :)

    ReplyDelete