Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Babymoon Weekend!





I love the idea of a Babymoon!  It's such a sweet concept to me.  It's time away to focus on one another, the joys that lie ahead...  and everything you've created together thus far.

At least that's what a Babymoon was for us.  Time to reflect and relax.  


We packed up and headed away to our favorite weekend relaxation spot.....









With SO many memories here for us, there was no better place to spend our last weekend getaway, just the two of us!






I felt so pampered on this trip.  Troy wouldn't let me lift a finger, carry a bag, and he made sure that the resort gave us the room with my favorite view.....





















As always, we enjoyed the resort to the fullest....









.....with so many conversations that started off as "when we bring Walt....."









We filled the weekend with our favorite restaurants.....











.....a movie, and plenty of shopping.












We visited the most precious boutique in Brentwood, Tennessee called, "The Plaid Rabbit."


Everything in it was so darling.....





I wish so badly that we had one here in Louisville.






I think Troy is thankful that we don't, as I wanted one of everything!  :)

I can't wait to go back!






Other than dining and shopping, we took lots of walks....

















.....spent an afternoon at one of our favorite Tennessee vineyards (owned by Kix Brooks of Brooks & Dunn!)...


















.....and left plenty of time for relaxation.  We were in bed (and renting movies!) earlier than any vacation we've ever taken.  Which was sweet to me.  It proved that life has already changed, already showing signs of a little one on the way.





I think my favorite memory from this trip was returning to the room one evening to find this.....

















Such a nice surprise!


And I know I'll probably always remember the day we left.  As we were walking out of the resort, Troy said, "well..... this is it....  the very last time we leave our resort just the two of us....the next time, we'll be  a family of three."  I squeezed his hand a little harder, and then felt it coming.

For both of us.

I know we got strange looks as we paused for one last look around, a kiss,.....  and a few bittersweet tears.

Tears of reflection of the memories made.... and tears of anticipation and excitement of the memories yet to come.








2 comments:

  1. Your blogs sometimes make me shed a tear of happiness but they always make me smile! I miss you but so glad to see you doing so well. I'm so excited for you and can't wait for the baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete