Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Reaching the End



Things were so busy the weekend of my baby shower (a few weeks ago), that I never posted about Troy's shower.

But that same weekend, Eric threw Troy a Diaper Party in celebration of becoming a new Dad!









Troy's closest group of guy friends got together for food, games.....







and diapers!






Thank you to my dad for taking these photos for me!






I love that Eric (and Sarah!) did this for Troy.  So often we forget about the new Dad to be.  The mommy is usually the one getting all of the attention.  Thank you Eric and Sarah for making these memories for him.  I know how busy you are with wedding plans and preparing for your own special day.  Thank you for being so good to us.  We love you!



With two showers in one weekend....  this is what our kitchen/great room looked like by Sunday evening!














It took close to a week to unpack and assemble it all.








I loved every minute of it!






It's been almost a month, and I'm still overwhelmed with all of our blessings from the shower weekend!



Here are a few other photos from the last couple of weeks.  I can tell I'm slowing down, because I've been terrible about taking my camera with me....I've missed lots of photos this month.


Troy is finishing up residency this week.  Dr. & Mrs. Parker (his program director), hosted a beautiful dinner to celebrate the outgoing residents.













Many tears were shed at this dinner (and no....not just by me!), as Dr. Parker does so well at honoring each resident.










This program has been so good to us.  Dr. Parker, and so many of the residents have become like family.  I will miss Troy being with this group every day.  I will miss hearing about each one of the residents, and how their day was.  I truly feel that during this residency, we've made a few life long friends.....  which is a wonderful feeling.

I couldn't be more proud of my husband.  He had a very successful residency and as always, made it look easy.

We now have two years of fellowship ahead of us!  After this is all said and done, Troy will have devoted ten years to the study of medicine, six of those years specifically for Pathology.

I've said it before, but the road between the White Coat Ceremony (the beginning of medical school), to the end of Fellowship... is a looooong one.  We don't thank our physicians enough!  They devote a huge part of their lives to studying and preparing to take care of us.

Troy- congrats on finishing Residency!  I'm the proudest wife in the land. ;)
This last year of residency was by far the heaviest, full of ups and downs.  We started your final year of residency this time last year, while dealing with my surgeries..... we lost Dad during this year .....  made a baby during this last year!! .....  you prepared for and took your Boards this year.....and you did all of this and still managed to be Chief Resident!?  You make it all look so easy, always putting me and my happiness first.  I love you, and can't wait to see what Fellowship brings!


Here are a few other photos from the past couple of weeks....


An afternoon in beautiful historic Midway with Cheryl S.....







Dinner with our favorite six month old....






And our last prenatal class!  Mom (Troy's) surprised us and showed up to do the last one with us :).





We also celebrated Father's Day at my Mom and Dad's.......









I could write forever on how good my Dad is to us.  He's made my whole life's happiness, possible.  If not for his selflessness, I wouldn't have had the treasured childhood that I did.  If not for his example and standards.....  I wouldn't have married the man that I did.  If not for his love, I wouldn't be.....me.

And Papa George.....   oh how we miss him.  Every single day.  As much as I despise the place (and as much as I teased him about it), I would have given anything to go to Red Lobster with him this weekend.  Or Famous Dave's.  His favorite Father's Day meals.  Life isn't the same without him.




  


And we can't end this post without a baby update!

Week 32 was done a month ago, but I never posted it.......






And here is this month's......  the FINAL month!!








In the midst of Troy taking the 36 week photo, I realized that it was our very last one.  The last time that I'll pose in front of this wall for a belly photo.  We are scheduled for a c-section at 39 weeks, so we won't take week 40.

I can't help but to get a bit emotional at the thought of my pregnancy ending.....








Carrying Walt has been such a joy!  I've cherished every moment of it.


What an emotional week!  Troy finishing Residency....  us nearing the end of pregnancy....

reaching the end of such milestones is bittersweet.

And oh so exciting.

We went for our weekly appointment yesterday, and I am 1cm dilated!

Counting down the days!


Thanks for reading.

Love,

Kristin




No comments:

Post a Comment