Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

We Have A Date!




Today we learned the date of our baby boy's arrival (assuming he doesn't have other plans!).  Due to a couple of surgeries that I had last summer, Walt will be delivered by scheduled cesarean section at 39 weeks.

July 2nd is all of a sudden the sweetest date there is!  The OB threw out the date as if it were any ole day.....  but to Troy and I, it sounded so glorious! ;-)

We normally spend that weekend hosting a big Fourth of July party.  But this year, The Dunaway/Davis 4th of July Picnic will be spent snuggling a 2 day old baby.  If you know my husband, you know that the Fourth of July holiday is his favorite.  He loves that Walt will be arriving so close to this day.

12 weeks and counting!

Here are some photos from the last couple of weeks.....


Mom celebrated a birthday....






Isn't she beautiful?













She felt Walt kick for the very first time on this day.

Isn't he so sweet?  Kicking for his Grandmother to help celebrate her birthday!  ;)






We love you Mom....  more than we could ever say or show!



Baby furniture arrived a couple of weeks ago.....





We've loved working on his nursery.  I'll have to post photos soon!



We spent a couple of evenings in prenatal classes......








I love the look on Troy's face..... so serious, which is so sweet!







Jenn H and I spent a day at the outlets.  I failed to take a photo of us, but did get some of our favorite stops of the day.  I was tickled to see that Edinburgh has added a Janie and Jack Outlet!






Medical schools and residency programs across the country celebrated "Match Day!"  Troy's department is proud to say that they matched all 3 candidates for next year.  Troy and his co-chief Silvia were thrilled, as they played a role in this happening!  We celebrated with a double date night with her and Martin.  Some of our very favorite people!






I was able to sneak in a few lunch dates last week.  Two days with my Cheryls, and a coffee and lunch date with my mother in law.......





I loved having my mother in law all to myself!!  I normally have to share her with the whole family.  Such a special time for me!








Here are a few photos from dinner out with friends.....










Baby Katherine (my future daughter-in-law) was in attendance too, but slept the entire time.  Such a good girl.






Love being with these girls ...  (thank you Mona for our socks!!).....







Troy's days as Chief Resident are nearing completion.  The department recently elected new chiefs.  This weekend, they visited our house for lunch and schedule making (creating the schedule for 12 residents!?).  It was a grueling job that they worked on all day!












I'm so proud of my chief!  Seeing his year of service come to an end is bittersweet.

I love all of the memories we made during his Chief year...






I love the dinners we attended, the parties we hosted, and spending time with the residents.

But that's not what I'm most proud of.  I'm proud of the way
Troy worried and fretted over each resident and how to be the best chief to them.  If one of them had a bad day, so did he.  He brought their stresses home with him each day.  I'm proud of the fact that he sat in his office with one of them while they sobbed for two hours due to stress (and then worried about them for days)..... the way he would spend many evenings on the phone helping one of them to solve a problem.... the way he handled conflict and strife.... and of the way he put others before himself.  We spent many nights worrying and talking about any problems within the department....and how he could best serve his residents.  His desire to do right...  to work hard..... to represent his department with honor... is what I'm most proud of.

Silvia:  Thank you for being such a remarkable co-chief to Troy.  He never doubted your intentions, your decisions, or your loyalty.  The fact that he was able to share this chief year with a person of such integrity and honesty.....    has been such a blessing.  We love you, and can't thank you enough for all you've done!  I will always cherish the memories and time we had with you this year.








I can't end this post without a couple of photos of what most evenings and weekends look like around our house these days.  Troy has been working SO hard to prepare for his boards that he will take this May.  You can find notes/books/lectures in just about every room.  Such a stressful, important (and expensive!) test to prepare for.....





And speaking of test.......

I passed my glucose test today!

Ha! ;)


Pregnancy continues to be so enjoyable :)





Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment