Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend!


I love Easter weekend!

I love the chocolate bunnies and the baskets of eggs..... the pretty dresses, the tulips, and the dogwoods in bloom.  It's such a beautiful weekend.

I'll admit that even the commercial part of Easter is darling to me.  The idea of a little boy running around in his linen suit (or smocked shortalls!)..... hunting eggs with his gingham lined basket....

.....it makes me giddy.

It's such a stylish holiday in the South!

But the reason behind why we dye the eggs.....wait for the bunny.... bake the ham, and polish our shoes, is what I love the most.

The message of hope.....of salvation....of a PROMISE.  A promise that defines not just my Easter Sunday....  but my every day.

I thought about this promise often last week.  The days leading up to Easter were such heavy ones for our community.  There was the news of the beautiful high school girl that took her life....   the innocent five year old baby that was killed by an intoxicated driver ....   and my Jennifer learned that her dear friend Brittany was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.  She is in her early thirties with two small children.

It's during these times that you can't help but to question God's plans. I know I did.... I asked Him why many times last week.  But I was reminded of a promise of hope and eternal love from our Jesus. A promise that no man, no justice system, or no doctor can give.







How comforting to know that we have a hope and promise is our Jesus.  That even in the most darkest of days.....  He remains.  Always the same.  We may question His plan, His actions & His trials for us.....but because we believe in His promise......







......we buy the chocolate bunnies, dye our eggs, and dress in our Sunday best.

We celebrate and take hope in what He's done for us.

And I pray...... oh how I pray....  that this promise is the reason that Brittany can fight cancer, all while wondering if she'll see her daughter on her wedding day.......and the reason the family was able to bury their five year old baby.... and the other family their teenage daughter....

....and still be able to get out of bed the next day.

I hope they feel His promise and peace more than ever before.  And that as horrific as this past week must have been for them.....  that the promise of Easter brought them a reminder of His love.

Because the reason behind the bunny.....   is how we face tomorrow.

I hope your family had a wonderful Easter, full of His love and promise!


Here are a few photos from ours.....

My Easter weekend started on Friday with a trip to Keeneland with Jenn H!




Jenn's work team takes a trip to Keeneland twice a year.  Julie, her boss, was sweet enough to invite me, telling me that I was her "temp" for the day!  So nice.


We tailgated for awhile with lots of yummy food........ and a sweet baby Penny :)..









And speaking of food, Megan (who lives near Kenneland), showed up with my pregnancy craving....just for me!!!!

SO funny and so sweet!!!

(thank you Jenn H for knowing and informing her of my ridiculous craving!)....





Penny and Erin......




The beautiful sights of Kenneland...
























A gorgeous day with wonderful people!


Julie- thank you for including me..... for treating me.... and for Walt's outfit!  It was a fun day and I truly felt spoiled to be a part of it.



And here are a few photos from our Easter Sunday.....










We enjoyed a beautiful Easter service......







Followed by time at Mom and Dad's....







And a delicious (and beautiful!) meal.......











And the Easter bunny still visits ......






And now even brings a basket for our Walt........















Thank you Mom and Dad for loving (and spoiling!) our Walt!



and us :)







We ended our day/weekend with three birthday celebrations....











Oh how I love Easter weekend :)



And because it seems a blog post can't escape a baby update (sorry!)......

I'm 29 weeks today!

Here's the newest photo!








Love to you all!


-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment