Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Six Months!


It's hard to believe that today marks 24 weeks.

Six months!?

I want time to slow down.  I'm not ready to share my baby boy with the world yet.  Up until a few weeks ago.... I wanted time to speed up.  But feeling him move throughout the day, changes everything.  I now want to keep him to myself for as long as I can.


Walt is growing quickly.....

as am I.

I've had a BIG growth spurt over the last two weeks.

This was just two weeks ago (22 weeks).......




23 weeks.....









And now 24.  Holy moly!?






I think my favorite thing about the growing belly is watching Troy.  When he walks in the door from work, he first glances down at my stomach (to see if it's changed that day), and then looks at me.  :)  His brother called from Montana the other day. I heard him ask Troy how he was doing and Troy answered,  "I'm good, and Kristin is doing great.... she's getting bigger every day and I love it...can't get enough of it."   I loved that.  His brother asked how HE was, and all he cared to talk about was Walt & I (sorry Brian).



We had another ultrasound last week, and Walt looks perfect!






  I won't bore you with "my child is the sweetest baby ever" stories.....  but he so is.  We leave every ultrasound with new memories.

We continue to be so thankful for a healthy baby.

And for my own memory (and to hopefully compare to the next pregnancy)...here are my
24 week stats:

Size of Baby:  1lb, 5ounches

Total Weight Gain:  9lbs (Eeek!)  I'm sure I will be waaaay too embarrassed to record this as time goes on, but for now the doctor says to be proud- I'm right on track and where I should be.  This may be short lived (hello Cadbury mini eggs), so I'm recording it now for memory.

How I'm Feeling:  Great!  A very blessed pregnancy!  Other than not getting a full night's sleep.....and exercise being a bit more difficult (slower!), I have nothing to complain about.  Enjoying every minute of it!

Maternity Clothes:  I can still fit into a few of my non maternity tops/tanks/jackets...  but pants are all maternity.

Movement:  Lots!  More and more every day!  Especially about 30 minutes after eating.... first thing in the morning, or when we're laying in bed at night.  I do get sporadic movement throughout the day as well.  I can't get enough of it!

Sleep:  Hormones are giving me a bit of insomnia (anyone up between 3:30-5:30 am, give me a call)!

Cravings:  Nothing too specific.  Spicy food maybe?  And Cadbury mini eggs ; )

Funny Moment of the Month:  Since November (and finding out about the pregnancy), I think I've only had 3 hormonal/emotional situations (thank goodness!). One of them was a few weeks ago.  It hit me during the middle of the night.  I sobbed for a couple of hours because I realized that one day my baby boy would get married and leave me (don't ask....  blame the hormones).  I think poor Troy is still haunted by that night.  Having to convince me that... no... he did not need to call his mother at 3 am (despite me begging) to tell her that he loved her even though he married me... probably has something to do with it.  Anyway...  the other night (4am), I was awake, but not at all upset.  Just laying there reading, but I must have sniffed.  Troy lifted his head (from a deep sleep) and asked...  "honey....  are you crying?"  I told him I was fine!?  Saying not a word, his head immediately fell back down and he was out.  He probably thought "thank God!!!  You could be dying, but as long as you're not crying, I'm free to go back to sleep!"

Most looking forward to:  Watching his nursery come together.  Part of his furniture arrived last night!

Favorite moment this month:  Troy feeling him kick (3/9/2014).  So very special.
Walt gave him 4 good kicks in a row.  We were watching "Shark Tank" at the time... so Troy says that it's currently their favorite show.


Tired of baby talk?  Almost finished!


Troy and I have been busy with the baby registry.....






There isn't anything I'd rather watch than my sexy husband studying ......and studying and studying....every item we may need.  He even tried on half a dozen baby carriers.  He said that he really wanted to be able to carry Walt next to him.







He continues to make every baby experience and memory so special for me.  He makes me feel so spoiled and doted on.


Here are photos from last week...


Family dinner night (and surprise gifts for our Walt!)...





Thank you Mom & Sarah!







Mom and I went to Lexington to shop for the day!  We wanted to visit BuyBuy Baby.  Oh how I wish we had one here.  A MUCH different experience than the one provided buy our local baby superstore.  BuyBuy Baby is owned by BedBath&Beyond and is designed the same way.  Floor to ceiling baby items.... a beautiful registry area....  and baby powder piped through the vents....   honest.

BuyBuy Baby.....please come to Louisville!!!




We also made stops at Pottery Barn Kids and had a car full by the end of the day.

Thank you Mom : )





Ann, Chandler, Kandice and I were able to meet for lunch....




Chandler was sooo good!












Cheryl C and I enjoyed an afternoon together as well.  She picked me up.....treated me to lunch ... and toted me around to several baby boutiques and shops!

She also picked up a shirt for Troy/Walt  : )






Thank you Cheryl.....  I've missed our 12:30-1:30 errand running! ; )




We also spent an evening with Abby, Sam & Jason for Chinese Friday.....






Sam pulled the perfect fortune out of her cookie!  So appropriate.....





And they too brought a surprise for our Walt.  His first Easter basket, and an armful of tiny outfits!








I love to think of how our get- togethers with Sam and Jason have changed and evolved over the years.  We used to play board games...  make mudslides... and stay up late....

....now we play with flying purple ponies...  watch Monster's University....  look at baby clothes....and are yawning at 10:00pm!

I love experiencing each season of life with best friends!









That's all of the photos from last week!


Thank you for reading and sharing in our daily life.

Love,

Kristin




No comments:

Post a Comment