Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Goodness and Love




Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

I have loved seeing all of the Facebook photos of you with your Mothers!  Such a special weekend.







I wish I knew how to sing my Mother's praise.  It's simply not possible.  I could write for hours, and never convey of her good and loving ways.

Today....Mother's Day... she is getting over a nasty cough.  A yucky virus that her work team is passing around.  The original plan was to make her a nice Mother's Day lunch here at our home....but as always.... she thought about us, instead of her.  With me being 8 months pregnant, and Troy flying to Tampa this week to take his Pathology boards ....   she was nervous that she would get us sick.  We all decided it was best to post pone our Mother's Day celebration.  

But even being under the weather, didn't stop her from being a Mother this weekend.  I still needed her.  Even if the "need" was quite silly.  Yesterday, I needed her opinion on a dress.....  so her and Dad pulled up into the driveway, and sat in the car with the doors open (keeping their distance), as I modeled several dresses from the garage.

I swear.

Poor Mom....even when she's sick (and not wanting us to have to be around her), I still can't be without her, and she has to figure out a way to make it work for me.

Today....  on Mother's Day,  she should be the one being spoiled.....  but she is instead finishing up the final touches on my upcoming baby shower!  Earlier she called and said, "I have something I want to show you, come down and look, but keep your distance just in case."  So once again, they pulled up into the driveway, (as I stood in the garage) so that she could show me several things she had done.  At one point, her and Dad were both holding things out the window to show me, Dad grunting "this is getting out of control."  I was so tickled at this.  Dad was on day 2 of our driveway/garage communication nonsense : )

But Dad is right....  out of control....   that's Mom.  Out of control in love with her children.  Out of control, over the top, willing to do whatever she can to make them happy.  Out of control wonderful in every single way. Her goodness and love is simply uncontainable.

And if I can give just an ounce of this goodness and love to my son......  life will be good.

Mom,
Even though today was not the day I wanted for you....   the stories that go with it are so sweet (and comical!) to me.  Just another perfect example of how darling you are.  I can't thank you enough for all that you continue to be for me.  I love you Mom!  Happy Mother's Day (from the garage!)  ; )  


And speaking of Mother's Day....   I received my very first Mother's Day card and gift ....  from none other ....






than my brother in law.


I first thanked Sarah... assuming she was the one behind all of this, and she told me that it was Eric's idea.  He wanted to do it for me.

Melt my heart.







Thank you Eric for wanting to make my first Mother's Day special!  Oh how I love you : )


And for my online scrapbook....  here a few other messages to save from today...







Mother's Day wouldn't be complete without bragging on my Mother-in-law.  They honestly don't come any better.  I say this often, but I will forever be grateful for the gift she gave me in Troy.  I know that he's the loving, sensitive, precious man that he is....  because of her.  She raised three good boys.....  and should be the proudest mother on Earth!  I love you Mom!  Thank you for loving me as your own and for being everything I need in a mother in law!








Here are some photos from over the past two weeks...


Yesterday, we had the best afternoon with Sarah's family.  Her parents hosted the two families for a Mother's Day lunch.  It was so nice!





Sarah, her siblings and Mother...






In just a couple of months, this family becomes a part of ours!  Such wonderful people.  Counting down the days until Eric makes Sarah an official Davis!


Love you Sarah and can't wait to have you as my sister!






Here's what else we've been up to.......


Our med school group said goodbye to one of our dear friends.  Alan and Troy went to both the Speed School of Engineering and Medical School together.  He was a groomsman in our wedding, and has been a wonderful friend for Troy.  Alan is studying cardiology, and has taken a position in New York.  We wish him well, but will miss him dearly!








I had to include a onesie that Mona bought for Walt.  So cute!



We spent some time with the Rowe family for Will's First Communion!












Troy and I have decided that if you want to be easily entertained.....   you go to Jennifer's house for a few hours.  Will & Max are hysterical.  And growing up too fast.  I can't believe Will is old enough to make his First Communion.


And not only are they funny......  but oh so sweet.  Max walked up to me,  put his ear to my tummy, and said "I need to hear your baby...."








Love this family so much!



Here are a couple of photos of baby Chandler from a recent lunch date with Ann.  He may be the prettiest baby boy I've ever seen.....





And a few from Mexican food and ice cream with Sam, Jason & Abby.....







.....as well as an impromptu Oaks Day afternoon/evening with them.  I love evenings that start with "hey stop by for just a minute..... to.....  let's bet horses, watch races, order a pizza and eat Derby Pie!" The best kind of Oaks/Derby party are the ones that just naturally happen....and require zero work. :)






We spent Derby Day with a movie/dinner date, just the two of us.  Troy studied for boards most of the day, and then we headed out for Spiderman 2 and dinner....







I tried to be Derby festive and pulled my horse printed shirt out of the closet....

....which looks quite different on me this year.






Last summer, I tied this shirt in a knot around my waist.....  now I have no waist and could BARELY get the thing to button  ;-)






I'm getting bigger by the day....

....and I love it.  :)


And before closing this post, I have to include a few pregnancy surprises I've had!


Back in November......(the day after we found out we were expecting)..... Troy came home from work, and surprised me with this...






A Z Spa gift certificate, and a journal.  He had purchased both a prenatal massage for when I was further along and would be achy ....  and a pedi-massage for when my feet would be swollen and sore.

He also told me that he was going to spend the next 9 months spoiling me.

And that he has : )

This week, I went for my prenatal massage..... and it was wonderful!  I sent pictures to Troy while I was there, and told him I felt very pampered :)





We also had a SWEET delivery this week.  Troy's best friend John, and his wife Nina had chocolates from FRANCE delivered to our door!!







I have never seen such beautiful packaging and attention to detail.  We couldn't believe this gift!






They somehow even included a photo of Walt's bassinet on the inside of the note.






I love how the note said to enjoy this while waiting for Walt to arrive.  Very special!  Thank you John & Nina!  This surprise made for the best pregnancy memory.  We love you.


That's all for now!

Again....  Happy Mother's Day...  I hope your day was full of goodness and love.


Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment