Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside...



We are thoroughly enjoying our Christmas stay-cation.  Troy was blessed with a week and a half off (not including the week we were in Disney earlier this month- still need to post those pics!) and it has been wonderful.  We dread going back to work and a normal schedule next week.


We did Christmas with Troy's Mom and family on Wednesday.








I told her I wasn't leaving her house that night because it would mean Christmas was officially over.  She hosted our very last Christmas get-to-gether.  :(

She said she would make me a bed to stay  :)

We had a great time and a delicious dinner.  I couldn't ask for a better family.  I never know what to call my "in laws" because they don't feel like in laws to me.  They feel like mine.... and I love them for that.

I also love these "killer turtle brownies" that she made especially for me!  Thank you Mom!  I have enjoyed them so much, and they still remain my favorite thing that you make :)




Troy and I are making the most of what's left of the Christmas break.  We've went shopping.... ran errands...








have enjoyed lunch dates.....





and going to a movie...



I woke up several times in the middle of the night to look out the window for snow.  I wanted a big snow so badly, but will gladly take what we got.



Beautiful!



I was glad to see that the Hammond's were out playing in the snow early this morning....



I pulled my boots on over my pajamas and joined them...














Mike showing Nate how it's done.....  such a sweet Daddy!








I loved seeing all the photos on Facebook of your little ones playing in the snow today!

All of the snow has left the song "Baby, It's Cold Outside" in my head all day.

I have laid around singing it....laughing until I was in tears when Troy would cut in with his part.  I brag often about this handsome GENIUS I married.  But remembering the lyrics to songs is not his strong suit.  And he has a very special way of butchering Christmas songs.

Me:  "I really can't stay"
(should be: "baby it's cold outside")  Troy:  "You really should try and stay"   ???

Me:  "I gotta go way"
(baby it's cold outside) Troy:  "You really should try and not go away"  ???

Me:  "This evening has been"
(been hoping that you'd drop in)  Troy: "it has had lots and lots of wind."  ???

Whether it's your husband, son, dad....  find a male to see if they know the lyrics for the male part.    It has sure kept me entertained today. :)



I will regret these next set of pictures (no face on and scrappy hair)....  but it's how we rolled today, so honest pictures it is.

We have spent this snowy day watching movies and being lazy.  It has been wonderful.  I have 4,000 Christmas Hallmark movies on the DVR, we watched "Elf," and are going to start "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" in a few minutes.

 We're still in Christmas pajamas.... that happen to be very appropriate for this snowy day....



Well....   I am.


Troy said there are "snow scenes" in Call of Duty....  so it counts.  ??

He is holding "Christmas Milk" (eggnog- Jennifer's son Will began calling eggnog, "Christmas Milk" when he was barely talking), so we'll let him slide on the not so Christmas pajamas.




Hope you're enjoying the last weekend of Christmas and this beautiful snowy day!

Love,

Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment