Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

The Christmas Spirit

It's Christmas Eve.

There's so much magic, love, anticipation, joy and hope in the air tonight.  

My favorite evening of the year....   even as a grown adult.






The only downside to Christmas Eve is knowing that it's all coming to an end soon.  I love everything about the season of Christmas, and what it does to the hearts of so many.

I love coming home to a house full of lights.....




I love all of the Christmas decorations that make our home festive....











I love the way we dim the lights and let the Christmas trees and candles illuminate the evening...











I love the glitter and sparkle.....










I love laying in bed at night and looking over at our memory tree.  It's the puniest and least decorated tree in the house....and yet, my favorite.




It holds ornaments from every trip or vacation we've taken.....





And ornaments from my childhood.....  it's just sweet.





I love running to the mailbox each day to look for Christmas cards.  I excites me so much!





I love sharing and receiving Christmas goodies.  Especially from sweet neighbors...






I love filling the calendar with parties and dinners with the BEST friends in the world....




















I love that Jen and Troy kept me company (and entertained!) until 2am while I wrapped gifts :)



I love that we haven't even reached Christmas Day and we've already spent time with our family....  and have plenty more to come....


















I love that Christmas usually brings a trip to Walt Disney World (I hope to blog about this sometime this week!)....





But more than any of this....   I love the reason why the air is filled with love, joy and hope tonight.  The true reason for the season.

Christ's birth.

I KNOW that this is the reason that Christmas Eve is still so precious, and as strange as it may sound.... so intense for me.

As grown adults.....we no longer count down the hours until Santa's arrival...

And as a married couple with no children....  we don't yet anticipate the look on our child's face on Christmas morning.  We aren't yet dancing through the house with our little ones tonight.... hanging stockings or baking Santa's cookies...

We aren't attending a fancy Christmas party this evening...

We aren't even unwrapping gifts yet...

We are in our Christmas pajamas....  listening to Christmas music... and watching Christmas movies.  As I'm sure so many of you are.

So why such an overwhelming feeling of excitement, JOY and love tonight?  What makes it feel so special and precious ......no matter what it is you're doing?  Why does everything shine brighter and everything feel warmer tonight?

The Christmas spirit.... God's Holy Spirit....   His love, His presence, the reminder of His birth.... is alive and rejoicing in my heart tonight.

And I know it's the reason for my anticipation and excitement.

Do you get teary-eyed when you hear "Silent Night?"

Do you get goosebumps when your hear "Ill Be Home for Christmas?"

Do you love hearing a random cashier wish you a "Merry Christmas?"

Do things feel more special for you tonight?

Oh I hope so!!!! I hope you feel God's love on Christmas Eve.....   Christmas Day... and every day!

It's the reason we celebrate.

The reason the world shines brighter tonight.


Troy and I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!  We pray that the Christmas spirit fills your heart and home in a special way tonight.

Love,

Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment