Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Wish for You...


Troy and I have been out of town (I will post about that next!) so I'm once again behind on blogging!

I wanted to post a few pics from Jennifer's Graduation party!

On Saturday, Jennifer will graduate from Spalding University with her MSN-FNP.

That basically translates to: she will then be Louisville's best NURSE PRACTITIONER! :)

We are all so proud of her!

So last weekend we all gathered at my house to celebrate her and all that she has accomplished!

























Before dinner, I showed a video that I made for Jennifer.  It is basically a letter to her boys, Will and Max, explaining to them how hard their Mommy has worked for them over the past two years.

These are a few shots that my mom captured during and after the video.....
















I will include the video that I made for her at the end of this post, for anyone who would like to see.  I hope it plays- I have trouble with videos on this blog :(


We had Olive Garden for dinner, and my mom made this DELICIOUS fruity lemonade with a splash of Rum.  It was to die for.














After dinner, we moved inside to play Bunco.  The majority of us had no clue what we were doing, which made it that much more entertaining. I would get in trouble for talking to people that were not at my table, and therefore not paying attention.  :)  Debbie (Jennifer's Mom) and Jean kept us on track!

I wish I would have taken a few pics of us all playing and maybe the winners with their prizes, but I didn't get ANY pictures.  I was too busy hosting.  Thank goodness my mom stopped and snapped all of the pictures above, or I would have nothing.  Mom was helping host too, so I'm not sure how she was able to even get the ones above.  I am so thankful she did.

Speaking of Mom- a very special thanks to her.  She was the biggest help to me that day, as was Troy and even my Dad.  The Davis/Dunaway crew usually make anything and everything a family affair. :)

Also, thank you to Debbie, Amber, Isabelle, Britney, Jean, Sam, Jen H, Charlotte and Emma for making Jennifer's party a success!


Jennifer,

Your video pretty much says exactly how I feel.  I couldn't be more proud of you.  Your friendship of 22 years (wow!) is one of my most treasured blessings.  As the lyrics in the video say:

"My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to.
Your dreams stay big.  Your worries stay small.  You never need to carry more then you can hold.
And while you're out there given where you're given to...
I hope you know somebody loves you...
And wants the same things to...
This is my wish."

I love you so much!

                  
*all rights to the song played "My Wish," belong to Rascal Flatts and associated party.


-Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful video! I don't even know them, and barely know you, but I'm crying! I wish I had a good friend like she has in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I have never met YOUR Jennifer but I just cried watching the video. Tell her congrats!!

    ReplyDelete