Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

5K & Mother's Day!

So Saturday was a first for me....

My first "official" 5K!!



Christy (my sweet sister-n-law), Jen and I all did the "Throo the Zoo" 5K together, and had a blast!



Christy texted me a few days prior to the walk and told me that she was looking forward to it and was so glad that her and I were getting to do it together.  Wasn't that nice?  Made my day!



I was so excited to be there.

I had a NUMBER!

And a tshirt!

I felt so official.

I don't think Jen (who has done dozens of these) was quite feeling the "official-ness" that I was.  But she posed with our numbers anyway. ;)






Jen teased me about putting my face on to do a marathon.  I told her I had to.....  when I passed out from exhaustion and Wave 3 showed up to film all of the drama- I had to look decent.  I told them if I went down.....to please touch up whatever I had messed up....before the cameras arrived.


The following two pictures are a big fat fib.




I can't run down the driveway. :(   Okay- so maybe that's an exaggeration- but we definitely did way more walking then running.  

I just wanted my picture next to the running sign because I was feeling so official..... and I had a number.

These two girls were so fun to run/walk with.  I told them to act like "real" runners for a picture.....




Jen was the main motivator and would tell us when it was time to jog (SHE IS ALMOST FIVE MONTHS PREGNANT!?!?) and Christy said it was easier for her to RUN UP the hills (??) so she was the motivator during the inclines.

Me....  I just enjoyed being with my good friend and sister-n-law.  I love them both dearly and it was the best way to start a Saturday morning.

 The rest of the day, I would randomly tell Troy that I was a "marathoner" or a "triathlon-er" ...or a "5K-er."  

I know I know.... a 5K is no big deal...  

BUT I HAD A NUMBER! :)

Christy is now excited and ready to go for the next one.  She said the next time we are setting a goal and are going to cross the finish line under a certain time...

She's scaring me.  

I told her that Jen is only getting further a long in her pregnancy, so I don't know...

I haven't found my excuse yet :)

The truth is- I can't wait for our next one (as long as I get a number), and more 5K's with these girls!


On Sunday the family came over for dinner to celebrate our wonderful Mother!  We normally have family dinners at Mom and Dad's, so it was a special treat for Troy and I to get to do it for Mom this time.  

Dad helped and brought steaks to grill for us while Troy and I added a few sides.

We made Mom sit and relax.  She did....  only because we turned her Mother's Day video on..... which she proceeded to watch 5,422 times.  If you missed that post/video- you can see it HERE.





Troy snapped a couple of pictures of Matthew and Mom acting silly.





Nothing better then a Sunday dinner with family..... especially when it's in honor of our momma :)  I hope to be half the mother she is someday!  

We love you Mom!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

Love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment