Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for a flexible job that allows me to help my friends when they need me. Nothing gives me more joy than helping them! Can I brag on the friend i helped today? Jennifer, one my closest friends, is superwoman- and that is no exaggeration. While raising two children, she works as a nurse in Labor and Delivery/NICU and is finishing up her Masters, soon to be a licensed Nurse Practioner. On top of that, she somehow never misses a school play, holiday party, soccer game and is the "class parent" for whatever activity is going on at the time. If you see a girl rushing between working, studying, and seeing patients to serve tater tots to her son's school- that would be Jennifer. I am exhausted just typing it. So proud of you Jennifer!!!



Anyway, back to Thankful Thursday. So I get to hang with this sweet little guy for a few hours on Thursday mornings. He makes me miss working with children.



Max doesn't quite understand what Troy is to me. Sometimes he calls him my daddy.... "is this your daddy's game?" But most of the time he calls him my "boy." "Is this your boy's controller? Why is your boy at work? Is he a good boy?" I love it.



Keeping himself entertained while I put my face on.




Today I am also thankful for impromptu lunch dates with a sweet friend and neighbor. Having such a close friend a few feet away is a DREAM! I love that we can walk to one another's home late at night in our pajamas (well, I'm in pajamas- she has enough decency to put clothes on) to watch the Miss America pageant, and other shows that I'm too embarrassed to admit we watch.


And I am thankful for the "Dol Sot Bi Bim Bop," AKA: delicious Korean food, that we had for lunch today. ;-)


And because he just walked in and did so......
I must say I am so thankful for a husband that hugs and kisses me like he hasn't seen me in ages...... every single time he walks in the door. Oh how thankful I am for his affection.

What are you thankful for on this Thursday?

No comments:

Post a Comment