Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

"So This is Love, So This is What Makes Life Divine" - Disney's Cinderella


“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
Today is my parent's 36th wedding anniversary! In a world where 50% of marriages end in divorce- it is a blessing to see that my parents have been married for almost 4 decades. They have taught me what love is all about, and I am the wife I am today, because of my them.


"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Mark 10:6-9
I can't begin to say how much they do for us. They are the most self-less parents I know. I am so thankful for all they have done and all they have given. What I am most thankful for though, is their faithful and committed love to one another. It means everything to me. Ultimately, it is the glue that binds our family. Their love is the source of all traditions and memories...... past, present and future. Their love keeps us together. For that I am so grateful.


Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Congratulations on 36 years! I love you so very much.

3 comments:

  1. AW!!!! Happy Anniversary to Patty and Bill!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend, I know they will love seeing your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Late Anniversary Billy & Patty. Hope it was a great one for you all. Hope we can get together again sometime soon.

    Cathy Reising

    ReplyDelete