Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Waiting for Santa




A few photos of the week leading up to Christmas.

It came with a few minor challenges...






So much crazy sickness!  All of us (one at a time!) had a yucky virus that knocked us down for a few days.






I felt so sorry for my sick Christmas babies that I asked Santa to sneak something into their stockings a little early...





Toy Story was the perfect medicine.


But their sickness didn't scare Mimi and Manuel away!  They flew in for Christmas and snuggled the sick babies, nonetheless!










We hosted the Davis Christmas dinner at our home.  It was to be the first Christmas gathering since moving in, and I was looking forward to it.  I enjoy hosting.  

And I have to pat myself on the back and say that I sure left my mark this year.

I burned our dinner....   I burned my hand (like...  took me out of commission for the evening, type of burned my hand),  and successfully won the award for the worst Christmas dinner host of 2016. I had to call Troy at work in a panic like...  "hi...  I know you're busy saving lives, but I burned the brisket..."
He had to stop on his way home from work and pick up carry out to replace what I ruined...  my mom ran to the pharmacy (since I was busy hosting... I mean ruining, dinner...), to get something for my burn....and  Troy's family had to basically wait on themselves all night.  

Sarah spent all of last year hosting dinners for us, each time we came to town.  They deserved the best dinner this year.  And instead we welcomed them with sickness, snotty noses, coughs, burnt food, and a one handed host.

It was lovely.

I'm sure they'll suggest that we all go out for dinner next year.

And possibly sit at separate tables.









Sweet sweet memories, despite the madness!












And I can't mention December and Davis without including these photos.  Mon and Manuel were married in Miami right before Christmas!  Congrats to these beautiful people and a big thank you to our siblings for being there for Mom when we were not able.  

Mom and Manuel- We love you and can't wait to see what the rest of your love story is about.  We know it will be full of adventure.






The rest of the week was spent baking cookies, looking at lights, and waiting for Santa!  Due to sickness, we missed Christmas Eve Eve dinner at my parent's home.  It was first time I missed Christmas dinner in 35 years!  They did deliver the meal to us, which made for a sweet memory.



















If you want to see lots....LOTS...... of photos of two sweet babies (truly...the sweetest) on Christmas morning..

I'm your girl!

That will post this evening!







No comments:

Post a Comment