Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

Traditions & December Parties




I love the tradition that comes with the holidays.  Growing up in a Catholic church meant a visit from St. Nicholas every December.  Though we are no longer practicing Catholics, many of the traditions remain near and dear to my heart.  Celebrating St. Nicholas day is a part of my childhood carried over, which is special for me.

























Grandmom and Grandad like St. Nick too  ; )





We were able to attend two sweet birthday parties this month.








One for our Abby who turned 7 (so hard to believe).  She's kind and loving in every way, she loves Jesus with all of her heart  (and isn't afraid to say so), and she still thinks that I'm her real blood/family.  I hope that in her heart at least, this never changes.  

Sam, Jason and Debbie....  you should be so proud...what a beautiful job you're doing!









We also went to a party for tiny Katherine who is now 3!

Walt had the best time, as did Troy and I watching him participate in each activity!





I love seeing these two together!






But they are growing too quickly...





And how sweet that we have two new babies to add to the group.  Claire and Juliet are only 3 weeks apart.







Love making memories with this family!







Troy and I were invited to a Christmas party for his department.  It was the first time for me meeting his new partner and colleagues.  I was too embarrassed to take photos (I need them to invite me back),  but did snap one at my parent's house after we returned home.  





A quick note for my own memory:


When we were home for Christmas last December (2015), Troy received a call about doing an interview on Christmas Eve.  At that time, we still had no idea where he would be practicing come summer.  We were due to finish up in Houston soon, and he was still working hard to find where he wanted his career to begin.  When he received the call about the interview, I thought...  "who interviews on Christmas Eve...?!?....these people must be non-family oriented, workaholics...or maybe the Grinch....they should be baking cookies and singing carols, not interviewing my husband."  We had such a short amount of time at home with our family, that I was reluctant for him to leave us on Christmas Eve and go.  And may have said so...

several times.

I'm so glad that I'm not the one planning my life.  

It would be a disaster. 

The interview came and went (and left plenty of time for carols and cookies!), and we flew out of Louisville a few days later, with a sense of excitement and peace.  We felt The Lord at work.

That interview soon lead to an offer.....and for us.... a "welcome back home."

And the people I worried about being the Grinch....   SO PRECIOUS!  Warm, kind, precious people.  The kind I want to be around....the kind I want a future with.  Troy replaced a well loved physician that retired after twenty years with this group...and yet, they have welcomed Troy with open arms and so much kindness and respect.  They sang his praises to me at this year's Christmas party, and I was the proudest wife in the room.  At the end of the evening, I quickly thanked for them for the invite, and felt that lump start to form in my throat.  It was all I could do to not get emotional (I was about to become the girl who takes pictures and cries....  with complete strangers ...strangers who need to like me...not be scared of me), as their imprint has already been so big for me.  They have no idea of the blessing they've been to our family.  

I'm still overwhelmed by the beautiful timing and plan of that 2015 Christmas Eve interview.  Who would have thought?  A little (or huge!) Christmas Eve miracle ; )


A few random December photos for my Mommy memory....












Lots more to come!  

Thank you for reading!

-Kristin






1 comment: