Pages

Friday, December 18, 2015

December Days




We've been celebrating all things December & Christmas around here.  The most wonderful time of the year!

We've done our Christmas baking....

















We've been to see the lights.....

























We've played with our nativity....






....even if Walt did insist that they ditch the donkey and take the bus to Bethlehem.






We made memories at our December ultrasound...









The hospital is beautiful this month!  The decor, live piano and carolers....  it feels so Christmas-y there.  And Troy comments often on how nice it is to work for a faith based hospital this time of year.  They aren't afraid to wish you a "Merry Christmas," or display their hand painted nativity in the lobby.
It's refreshing to see that they do not feel the need to sugar-coat the reason for Christmas.  There's no "holiday tree" in this hospital.




But the most precious thing we saw in the hospital on this visit....





I'm already so in love.


We've snuggled in our Christmas pajamas....















And boarded a couple of Christmas trains...










We've watched our Christmas movies, have played our Christmas music, and celebrated the season all month long.

And I love those festive, fun moments.

But I must say that our mundane....every day....  same old same old.... kind of December days, will always be my favorite.

Our weekly trips to the zoo, or to the museum.... lunch at the playground and walks around the toy store.  


These every day kind of days that we have, are so precious to me. 

A few weeks ago, I picked Walt up out of the shopping cart, to put him in the car seat.  The wind wildly started to blow.  Walt laughed and turned his face toward the breeze.  We stood there for several minutes...  just watching our hair blow....Walt giggling. It was such a simple thing, and yet....  it gave me goosebumps.  All I could think about in that moment was how sweet these simple, care free days are.  How wonderful it is that we could stand there...  in the grocery store parking lot....  for as long as we wanted....  just to watch the wind blow.  Yes, these baby/toddler days can be a lot of work.  But in many ways, they are so easy.  No schedule to keep, no deadlines, no where to rush off to and be.  I cherish these simple, care free days.  I know in the blink of an eye, they will be gone.  Before I know it, we'll have school schedules, and extra curricular activities, and life will be busy.  And I know that time will be special too.

But for now...  I'm clinging to every second of these simple, sweet days.....






....where we can stop to watch the wind blow....  or spend most of the morning at the elephant exhibit.




The days where even though it takes twice as long to get through the store....  we can stop to hug the Ninja Turtle... or hold the dinosaur..  

or let him walk through the mall, holding my hand.... even if it does take all day.





Because the only place that I have to be.....

is with him.


I share this with Troy so often.... but at a time of gift giving and hustle and bustle, I have to share again.  

These days at home with my babies will always be my greatest gift from Troy.  There's nothing more beautiful that he could wrap, or have waiting under the tree for me on Christmas morning.  I don't need a fancy car, a designer purse, or a new diamond ring.  I just need these December days....well...these every days...  

they are life's greatest gift to me.






Whether it's cookie baking, or last minute shopping....hustle and bustle or peaceful and still....  whatever it is that you want your December days to be full of ....  

I hope you too feel that they are a gift.




No comments:

Post a Comment