Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

A Texas Christmas Morning


A few weeks before Christmas, we celebrated the day as a family of three.  We were to be in Louisville the week of Christmas, so we needed Santa to come early.

He visited our little Houston apartment on December 12th!









Troy and I could not wait for the morning to come.  We fell asleep talking about which surprise Walt would love most.  I could not wait to see the look on his face.




I practically ran to his crib when I heard him wake...  but when I opened the door, I saw a sick pitiful baby with a high fever.  


We took the morning very slow, so that Walt could enjoy it as he felt up to it.

When he went out to see what Santa brought.... he went straight to his train table, and spent most of the morning there.






Sweet baby loved it so very much....












I love the magic and wonder in his eyes...  even with a runny nose ; )






























We spent the day opening presents, between snuggling and sleeping.  Walt would open a gift, play for a bit, and then want to go to our bed to rest.  So that's what we did.  Bless his little heart.










It took a few days to get through gifts....  but it just meant the magic lasted a little longer.  It was nice to not have to rush off anywhere....  we could enjoy Christmas as long as we wanted.




I have no idea what Troy and I ever did on Christmas morning before Walt.  I know it was special... and I know we loved every minute of it...   but there's just nothing better than Christmas morning with your child.

I couldn't help but to think of how different our Christmas morning looked this year, compared to last.  

We went from a big spacious home, to a small cramped apartment.
We went from a small city that we loved, to a big one that we ......loathe.

Yes, we traded space and location....  but we sure gained in blessings and love.

 Oh how I will always treasure our last Christmas as a family of 3.  The Christmas morning that wasn't actually on Christmas morning....   the Christmas morning where it was warm enough to wear shorts....  the Christmas morning with palm trees and..

 ...the Christmas morning where we knew it was just us...and the love, bond and strength that comes from that.  My husband... my son... and my daughter to be.

What more could you ever want in a Christmas morning?




And so that Troy and I can look back one day.... below are a few video clips from our morning.

Next post- Home for the Holidays!


                                                 Texas Christmas from Kristin Davis on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment