Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Preparing for Easter


Walt and I have welcomed spring with lots of long afternoon walks.

He enjoys the fresh air, and I enjoy the quiet time with my baby.

And the quiet time with the Lord.

On this particular day, I took the camera along.  I was hoping that the gardens would be in bloom.

As we walked along, I couldn't help but to hear this old hymn playing.


"I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own.

And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.






















I'd stay in the garden with Him
'Tho the night around me is falling
But He bids me go, through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.























And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own.












And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known."






I hope your family is enjoying the fun in preparing for Easter today.  I hope you've bought your ham, are stuffing your baskets with chocolate bunnies, and that your fingers are rainbow tinted from the colored eggs!

I know I'm anticipating all of these things.

But as much as I'm preparing for Walt to hold his first egg....  or see bubbles blowing in the wind ...  I pray hard that I'm preparing him for so much more.

Before leaving his nursery each night, I ask my God to surround Walt with people that will point him towards Jesus.  To give Walt a heart for the Lord, a relationship with the Holy Spirit, and to please guide Troy and I in raising him.

Just like the old hymn says, I want Walt to know that Jesus can walk with him...and that he can talk to Him.  That nothing in this world can compare to the joy and peace that comes with knowing Jesus.

I'm sure that I will always love to prepare Walt's Easter Sunday.  Prepare his basket, prepare his outfit, prepare his eggs and his bunnies, and his years of memories.

But I hope to prepare even more for the conversation that I'll one day share with Walt.

That afternoon walk in the garden, when I'll tell him of how Jesus died on a cross.

 Just for him.




 "In the Garden"
-Selah

                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment