Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

9 Months/Finishing March



Nine months.

It sounds so big to me :(

But this is such a sweet age.  I wish I could keep him 9 months forever.

I used to sit him up against a pillow for his monthly photo, and he wouldn't move.








But at about 7 months, that changed.  He now leans forward, turns around, tries to pull the blanket off..... patty-cakes, dances, you name it.












For Troy and I, I'm going to list 9 month stats and memories.  Unless you too have a 9 month old that consumes your every thought and feeling....

you'll definitely want to skip ahead!


9 Months:

Weight: 18lbs, 14 ounces (25th percentile)
Length:  29 inches (65th percentile)
Head:  19 inches (90th percentile)

Favorite foods:  He's like his momma....bless his heart....he'll eat anything.  Anything.  His favorites are avocado, sweet potatoes, corn, and he loves the baby snack foods (crunchies, puffs, yogurt melts etc.).  He had some of my salmon the other night, and loved it...   he also eats beans like they are candy.  Again, he'll eat anything.

Favorite toys:  for two months it was the fish disc (noting this for Troy and I), but currently he loves his cars.  He'll roll them back and forth, and it's just so big boy to me.  He also loves his Baby Einstein hand held toy, stack-able bowls, cups, blocks, etc. 

Dislikes:  the initial buckling of the car seat, getting his diaper or clothes changed, and having his face and hands cleaned.

He would live outside if he could.  He understands many things that we say, but he lights up (laughs and jumps)  at "do you want to go outside,"  "go bye bye,"  and "go for a walk."  

At around 8 months, he began to reach for whomever he wanted to take him.  I know it's a normal every day thing that babies do, but probably my favorite milestone thus far.  It's just so sweet to me.  He reaches up for me from his crib in the morning, or he'll reach up from the floor when I walk past him.  I can't get enough of it.  Sometimes he'll be happily riding in the shopping cart, but will then randomly reach his arms up for me to take him.  And I do.  Even though it makes pushing a cart full of groceries ten times harder, I often do.  Because I know that very soon, he'll want nothing to do with being held.   He'll be too busy.  He also likes to play the game of going back and forth between Troy and I.  He'll reach for one of us to take him, and then as soon as we do, he reaches back for the other.

He's absolutely in love with his daddy, and wants Troy to take him as soon as he walks into the room.  But even Troy will tell you, that he's a momma's boy.  At around 8 months, he began to prefer that only Mommy and Daddy (or grandparents) hold him.  He'll smile and interact with strangers...   but would prefer to be in our arms.  

We think he's a sweet boy.  He's typically happy and content, and goes with the flow.  I can shop, run my errands, eat out, clean house, and even mow the lawn.... all with him by my side.  Like any baby, he has his limits...  and can definitely be a bit rotten... but I very often find myself telling him that he was a good boy while I did what I needed to do.

I think his favorite part of the day (other than outside!), is his bedtime routine.  Troy and I always get him ready for bed together, and Walt is so sweet.  He laughs and plays and snuggles, and makes you want to have a dozen more, just like him.  

I think he would let us hold and snuggle him forever.

Until he's ready to go to sleep.

At around 8 months, he decided that after a bedtime routine, a story, and a bottle...  he likes to lay in his bed and go to sleep on his own.  For months, I would rock him until just before he fell asleep, and then lay him down.  But our rocking minutes have been drastically shortened.  He now leans towards his crib and wants in it....often much earlier than I'd like to give him up. :(

At the end of the day...   when I've sang every nursery rhyme I know (and then begin to make them up!),  have played peak-a-boo until I'm blue in the face, have changed multiple diaper blow outs, have patty caked, bounced the ball, knocked over the blocks..... picked Cheerios up from places where I didn't serve Cheerios...when I'm covered in peas and smell like a combination of formula, the outdoors, slobber and baby wipes....  

...when I've not sat down.... not showered...  or haven't replied to the half dozen text awaiting me...

and I'm still not ready to give him up...

is when I know I'm in love.

Completely in love.

Did I mention that I love this age?





The rest of these photos are from March.


Walt had his first virus, first high fever, and first ear infection.  But even though we know he was miserable, he was still so sweet....






When he was feeling better, we took him to the toy store to pick out a toy.  He loves his spinning cheeseburger ; )





We've already made several trips to the zoo this spring...

















We also enjoyed a spring walk with Heather, Adam and Katherine...











...followed by dinner with Allison and John.

Missed you Mona!!





Walt waited for the Easter bunny in March.....

































....and went to the mall to visit him.
























We celebrated Mom's 60th birthday....








...and I think her favorite gift was that, other than Mommy or Daddy,  Walt didn't want anything to do with anyone else....

 he only wanted his Grandmom ; )









Sam, Jason & Abby not only brought Mom a birthday surprise, but Walt an Easter basket as well.  They introduced him to crunchies, which is now his favorite snack.








Speaking of..

Walt received several baskets in March, before Easter even arrived...





So sweet that they love to spoil our baby.  We never take it for granted.


March ended with a visit to Auntie Ann!

She gave Walt his very first trim. 

 I knew it needed to be trimmed off of his ears, but desperately wanted to hold onto his crazy wild baby hair.







Ann promised me that she would just clean it up, and not take away his baby look..






And that's exactly what she did.  His cute alfalfa is still in place ; )






...and he still wakes up in the morning with this hair ; )





Up next....  Easter weekend post!

Thanks for reading!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment