Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Bucket List




Not a safari across an African savanna,  or a camel ride in Morocco.  Nor snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, or New Years Eve in Time Square.  Not even a handshake with the Queen of England, or a conversation with the Pope.

But a pumpkin patch.

A little ol' pumpkin patch.

A tractor ride.

A cool crisp afternoon.

A sunny day and a bright blue sky.

With the loves of my life.












I've dreamed about this trip to the pumpkin patch for years.  It's simple, primitive, and certainly common.  

But a bucket list item of mine, nonetheless.

I've thought about piles of pumpkins and hay bales and tractor rides...






















A first trip out to the pumpkin patch.....



















....and to see my very own family....  


right in the middle of it.


















And now, I can't help but to think about what a simple tractor ride out to that patch represents for me.

A gift, a blessing....

 a life that I can't believe is mine.


It's funny what all can happen in a little ol' pumpkin patch.


A bucket list check mark....  a cherished memory, a new tradition.


And a silent prayer....





Thanking my God for His creation, His unfailing love and His goodness.


And of course.....

for a pumpkin patch.













No comments:

Post a Comment