Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Baby Mine



About a month after Walt was born, I happened to see that Dumbo was playing on the Disney Channel.  I showed him the tv, and was surprised that he would watch and listen.  I decided that we would snuggle up in bed and watch it.....

 his first movie. ;)

Oh.  My.  Word.

I sobbed like a baby.

I have seen Dumbo many times, but never remember it being so touching.

But becoming a Mommy makes you see things differently.

Even though I had watched the movie many times before....I had now decided that I'd never seen a movie so precious.

A baby changes everything.


With my new found love for the movie....  its message...  and knowing that I'd been singing "Baby Mine" to Walt since before he arrived....

his first Halloween costume was born....






















I don't think I've ever seen anything sweeter!


Believe it or not, Troy was the one who decided that we needed to dress up too.  Even before we knew what Walt would be, Troy had suggested that we dress with him.  He said that he wanted Walt's first Halloween to be special.

Oh how I love my husband.

The ringmaster and Timothy the mouse, quickly came together to accompany our Dumbo....











We took Walt trick or treating at the zoo......











...with Jasmine (Mona!).....





.
...and Kristoff, Anna, and the tiniest sweetest Elsa you've ever seen!

(AKA:  Adam, Heather & Katherine)








Aren't their costumes out of this world??


















Loved making new memories with wonderful friends....

































Several people have asked where we got our costumes.  Troy's was ordered from a costume store online, and mine and Walt's were "semi-homemade."

We couldn't find a Dumbo costume small enough for him.... so we bought an elephant, and turned it into Dumbo.

For Timothy the mouse...  I bought a red chef's coat (the closest thing I could think of to a marching band jacket), and a little red hat......  and just fancied it up ;)










Loved making memories for Walt's first Halloween....

Loved that we were with friends who wanted to do the same...

Love that my husband already wants things to be special for Walt....

But more than anything....

 love that this Baby is Mine.






Thanks for reading!

Love,

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Dick and Marilyn ArdissonOctober 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM

    So very precious that you two are doing this for Walt. You have a great start on the life long journal for him. When he's 16, you can have a big surprise party for him and invite all his friends to see how wonderful a life you have provided! Such wonderful memories!
    Keep up the great work, and may God continue to bless you daily!

    ReplyDelete