Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

The News


I was out to dinner with the girls one evening in 2008.  It was nothing different from what we normally did on girl's night.  But at the end of dinner, Sam sadly said "Jason thought you were getting us together tonight to tell us that you were expecting."  Troy and I were practically newlyweds, and no where near wanting babies.  

At my birthday party last year...  I stood up to say something, and Jennifer thought I was going to make a pregnancy announcement.  

A few months ago, we were at dinner with Troy's family when his Mom said she thought we were there to share big baby news.

My parents have been talking about their grand baby for three years now, and I feel they never let their "baby radar" down.

I have always been thankful for Jason's suspicion (and Sam's comment) in 2008.  Because I decided right then, that I would never tell the girls at dinner.  And after six years of so many other "we thought you got us together to tell us you were pregnant" evenings, I decided that when we were expecting...  I would never......ever....  gather my family or friends for dinner (or any gathering!?) to tell them.  

When it was time to tell them....  I wanted them to be caught completely off guard.  I wanted them to be truly surprised.  I never wanted them to expect such special news to be coming.

Hence, two weeks of ambushes. 

Whether catching them coming out of a shopping mall, a movie theater, a restaurant.....

......or knocking on doors, or showing up at their place of employment....  these ambushes were such fun.

And emotional. 

I'll treasure these two weeks of mememories forever.


Enjoy!

(click on Vimeo in bottom right corner to watch in somewhat better quality)


               
surprise from Kristin Davis on Vimeo.











1 comment:

  1. This is just so precious!! You all are going to make such great parents!! So excited to follow and read your journey into parenthood!! It is honestly the best journey you take! :)

    ReplyDelete