Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Our Story



First off....   thank you so very much for all of your Facebook messages, texts, and emails regarding the announcement of our sweet baby to be!  We are overwhelmed by your love and excitement :)

I know this blog will probably be baby crazy for the next few.....   forever ;)

And I know some of you will tire and bore of the content.

And some of you may even find that some things fall under that "too much information" category.

But I started this blog for our memories.  It is our life scrapbook....  now our baby book...  our everything book.

So unfortunately for you, I will probably record every memory and moment along the way.

And so it begins.....


About a year ago, after much prayer....... Troy and I decided to give up that little pack of green pills.  After years of not wanting to share one another....  years of relishing every moment just the two of us.... we felt our hearts begin to grow.

Taking that last pill and tossing the package into the trash, was a bittersweet moment.....








And yes.

I took a picture.

I'm tellin' ya....   it's going to be a long 9 months for you guys.

;)


In the spring of this year, we learned that I would be having a summer surgery that would stop us from trying for a baby.  An upcoming surgery would not be safe for a developing baby.  I remember sitting in the doctor's office listening to the surgeon go into detail about the issue at hand.  Which had nothing to do with a baby or pregnancy.  I heard none of it.  All I heard was "and you're going to have to stop trying for a baby for now."  At the time, it was the most devastating part of the whole ordeal.

That surgery did not go as planned, and meant another upcoming surgery.  I remember coming out of recovery and Troy and my parents telling me of the yucky news.
The first thing I cried was "we're never going to be able to start trying for a baby."

I know this is nothing compared to the struggle some women go through with wanting to have a baby.  Not even close.  All we were having to do is delay it a bit.  That's nothing.  But at the time, it seemed like forever.

Our desire for a baby went into overdrive during those months of having to wait.  It's all we could think about.  We prayed for the surgery ordeal to end ...and for a baby ...day and night.  And I was so disappointed with how things were unfolding, I couldn't help but to think that this is certainly not what we had planned on.



Skip ahead a few months (and past a great September post surgery check up..... & a GO!) to one memorable Wednesday evening in November.

In the same place where we took the pictures above...   this unfolded....


















It was a moment of such shock and surprise that we'll never forget.  I think in that moment, 14 years of my relationship with Troy flashed before my eyes.  Fourteen years of memories, love and bliss just became even sweeter.  Fourteen years of "one day, when we have a baby..... " just became that day.

We were finally having our "one day" baby.

Finally.

And in that instant, our lives changed forever.

Remember I said that some details of this journey may be a bit much for some?

This may be one of those details.

But it remains the sweetest part of the journey so far, and I want to have it for our memories.

The next morning, I called the doctor's office to schedule my first OB appointment.

She asked several questions (date of last period, etc.) and then gave me my due date, and date of conception.

I've always thought it would be neat to know the date of conception.  I know that's strange, but I thought it would be special.  However, I had no idea that she would be giving me the exact date.

After she rattled off the October date, I quickly grabbed my calendar to try and recall the day.  Was it a Tuesday?  A Sunday?  What did that day look like for us?


It was all I could do to continue the conversation with her.  This poor little girl on the other end of the line, probably thought I was the most hormonal nutcase of a pregnant girl she had ever spoken with.

But it had nothing to do with hormones.  And everything to do with the "random" date she had just given me.

I was not prepared for just how special it would be.



October 15, 2013.....








How much sweeter could this journey already be?

How precious that it all began in a place that is so special for us?

And oh how glad I am that I'm not the one who is in control of this fairy tale, that I call my life.

How wonderful it is to know...... that while I cried all summer, wondering if we'd ever have a baby....  my God was creating a beginning to this story......so sweet..... that I'm still in disbelief!?

While I was busy whining about my spring/summer baby plan that would not be happening....  He was busy using that time to make our baby desire grow stronger, and our prayers louder.

 And forming His own plan ..... designed just for us.








I am so thankful that I am not the one who is writing Our Story.

Because the first chapter of my baby story...   no matter how hard I tried....   could have never been that perfect.




Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment