Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Where Dreams Come True


I'm late getting this posted....   so many photos, so little time!?

A few weeks ago, Troy and I spent part of our Christmas in the most magical place on Earth....the place where dreams come true.

The day we left......  Louisville was cold and dreary....





...landing in warm, sunny Orlando ...




....and checking into our beautiful resort....



was a special treat.





Choosing what photos to upload and share from our Disney trip was so tough!  Part of me wanted to include a picture of every park, ride, show, restaurant, etc.  But I keep this blog in large part for our family scrapbook……and Troy and I know every park in Disney like the back of our hand. 





We have thousands of Disney photos from the past few years (1,398 from this trip ALONE…   yes, you read that correctly.), and I’m sure we’ll visit again soon.  So I decided that showing every aspect of this trip (breaking it down day by day and listing all that we did hour by hour) wasn't necessary for our memories.  I decided to upload the photos that made this particular Disney trip special……  the memories that stood out the most this time.  




Plus…. I also keep this blog is to share our lives with you.  And I’m sure you don’t want a 6 day play- by- play breakdown of Disney.

 If you do…..   you are most likely my long lost BFF.



I think it's no secret that I love all things Disney.  I am a Disney princess wannabe.

In my opinion- it’s nearly impossible to capture Walt Disney World on camera.  It’s just too much…   too sweet, too beautiful......too magical.






 I will be standing in the middle of the one of the parks and be so in love with my surroundings that I’m snapping the camera like crazy.  Later….when I look back at the photos I think “well that’s not a good shot of that”…..  or …”this picture doesn't do that justice!?”





And I think that all boils down to the fact that for us……   being in Disney is more than anything.....   a feeling.

An experience.

Something you can't capture on camera.




It's more than the grander of Cinderella's Castle in Magic Kingdom....




More than the magnitude of the "ball" in Epcot.....  (that even though you have 3,000 photos of from past vacations, you still can't get enough of.).....






More than the iconic Mickey ears and soccer's hat of Hollywood Studios....








And more than the Tree of Life, at Animal Kingdom.






It's so much more than the world class attractions and award winning shows.....
























It's more than the nightly entertainment that takes our breath away.....















It's more than our favorite Disney treats....










And it's even more than wearing our favorite Disney attire....










So what it is?

What is it that keeps us coming back year after year....  falling in love with it all over again?


People ask me often why we love Disney so much.....   and really....  I can't answer them!?

Part of "it".... the experience..  the feeling... is definitely Disney's doing.

The way they bring Christmas to their parks is like nothing you've ever seen.... and my favorite part of our December trips.....









The way they play Christmas music throughout every park....


Have Christmas parades and shows....




And the way it snows on Main Street......



The way they cover the castle in icicle lights...









And the way they celebrate Christ's birth with a mass choir and candlelight procession.  I've seen it many times, and still...  I sob through most of it...








It's all so magical.

Yes....   Disney does Christmas better than anyone....anywhere...






I could also go on and on about how special Disney makes every experience for their guest..... and how phenomenal all of their attractions are.

But honestly....  I still don't think that's "it."


I think Disney is what it is in most part because of this.....





This man makes Disney what it is for me.


He spends his every minute of our trip creating my fairy tale....



Yes....  he loves Disney too...   but I know that he fell in love with it (and was willing to) because he loves me.




Not just any man would study the map, marking my favorite spots and show times, so that I wouldn't miss a thing....






And not just any man would insist on holding all my "stuff" (jacket, shopping bags, camera bag, umbrella...you name it) so that I could take pictures....  shop...  and just "enjoy myself" as he says....




all while checking ride times on his phone :)




Not many men would wait in a line so that I could have my picture taken with Mickey...




And would point out when he saw another character spot "let's do it honey...  I know you'll love the photos, and it won't take long..."




He's so right....   I do love the photos...  and I know he does this all for me.



I love seeing him smile as Minnie insist that I pull up my ears to match her...







There also aren't many husbands that would insist that I have the perfect table at every restaurant....







And that would stake out the best seat for the parade ("I wanted you to have the castle in the background of your photos") and then tell me to go shop while he sat and held our spot.....








And though many men at Disney do (love this about Disney), I KNOW that some would not be willing to wear their ears...  just to make their wife smile....








It melts my heart into a million pieces....







I know that not many men would do this...   with lots of people standing around.... when I ask him to smile for the camera......





Not every man would play Christmas music (even though I'm sure he tired of it) on the way to the parks each morning...

And drop me off at the door of the resort at night, so that I could "save my feet for tomorrow" (as he would say).....even though he had walked and carried my goodies all day....

Not just any man would insist that we start the trip with my favorite Disney restaurant.... and end the trip with our favorite show....

Not any man would smile at me as I get emotional over seeing a little one hug Mickey for the first time...

Not any man would wait patiently and make suggestions as I stress over this year's ornament for our Memory Tree....

And not just any man would tell his wife that she was more beautiful than any Disney princess on parade.....

Not just any man would spend is every minute making sure that I was having the time of my life.




So that's it.


He's it.....




He's the feeling.....  he makes the experience....   and Troy is the reason why I love Disney so much.  There's not another person on Earth that could make Disney as magical as he does for me.

Not even Mickey himself :)

Troy says that everyone should see Disney at Christmas at least once in their lifetime...   and I agree.  But what he doesn't know is that unless they are married to him...   it won't be half the experience that it is for me.

He is my Mickey...  he is my magical........he is my dream come true.



I just may be a Disney princess after all.


1 comment:

  1. Awww Kristin. You are honestly the sweetest person ever and you are a Disney Princess with her well deserved Prince :) What a great trip and AMAZING pictures. I kinda wish there were more.... Also, I adore your camera even more seeing these pictures of your trip and comparing them to the ones I have taken there. How fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete