Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Did you enjoy your Halloween as much as we did?

(please ignore the fact that we're both in scrubs)


We handed out candy at our home for a little bit...




And had a visit from our favorite trick-or-treaters....



Our neighborhood was SO full of trick-or-treaters this year and so festive.  Some homes decorated their yards just for tonight and were waiting at the door in costume....a couple of homes had bonfires going and it smelled just like fall.....it was just festive and fun. :)

  After handing out candy from our home, we headed to my parents.  My mom and dad host a fall chili dinner with lots of goodies every Halloween.  I handed out candy from the car as we left our neighborhood.  The kids got a kick out of it.....they called us the Trick-or-Treat Mobile :)  Troy snapped a couple of photos...






My Mom does such a wonderful job of making her home cozy and warm for fall.  She has warm orange accents of pumpkins throughout the house and everything from the way it smells (like cinnamon and pumpkin!) to the lighting just feels cozy.




Have you seen how HGTV features shows during the holidays where they have an interior designer come in to decorate their home for the season?

That's what my Mom's home looks like :)


Even the dining room is accented with beautiful touches of fall....





All ready for the most spoiled trick-or-treaters in Fern Creek :)




Kandice was working...  :(  .... but the rest of the Dunaway crew was present for the chili dinner.  
If I was ever brave enough to do so- I would post a photo of me without make up next to my brother.  I've always said that I look just like him when I don't have my face on.



Christy and I had so much fun tonight.  We laughed so hard over the silliest things (Christy- no opened face sandwich for me!  HA!) and just enjoyed being together..





Mom treated us to a delicious dinner and enough sweets to last until next Halloween!  We all took home dinner for the next couple of days and boxes of treats!





I have no idea what Christy and Troy were watching on her phone but they tickled me how into it they were ....






Such a nice evening!  I wouldn't trade time like this with my family for anything in the world.


Mom-  Thank you for having us tonight, and for all you do.  You make life extra sweet and continue to be the host for so many memories.  We love you!


Hope that all of you enjoyed your Halloween as much as we did!

Love,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment