Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Summer of Joy


Another summer has come and gone!  

I looked back at our summer of pictures and realized just how busy and BLESSED we are.

Our summer consisted of some traveling.....





Many outdoor barbecues, parties, showers, etc., .......













LOTS of dinner dates, movie dates, and evenings out just the two of us.....










This summer brought our fifth wedding anniversary.....



And time at the pool....




Time with our favorite little ones....












Evenings, road trips, dinners and get-togethers with the BEST of friends.....

















And time with our family.....









I have a devotional app on my iphone that gives me scriptures....  one in the morning, one in the evening.

This morning's read:
"I have not stopped thanking God for you.  I pray for you constantly....  "  -Ephesians 1:16


This evening, while looking back at photos of my husband...  my friends, and my precious family...  I couldn't help but to think of this scripture.  I am overflowing with gratitude for the people that God has brought into my life.  The older I get, I realize how rare it is to have the kind of family, friends, and husband that I do.

When I look back at these summer photos of our friends, I realize how many loving and devoted friends that we have in our lives.  GOOD friends.

When I see the photos of our families, I think about how rare it is to have a family that is close, always supportive,  and most importantly- together.

And when I see the photos of just Troy and I....... the first thing that comes to mind is hearing him say "can we not make any plans this weekend?  I don't want to share you.  I want it to be just you and I this weekend."  He says this often.  Oh how thankful I am for this.  It gives me goosebumps to think that the Lord sent someone that not only loves me, provides for me, is devoted to me...   but someone that loves me SO much, that he can't get enough of just our time together.....  just the two of us.

I hope to never stop thanking God for these blessings.....  and to pray for each and every one of you who not only brought us a summer of joy- but a lifelong blessing.

Love,

Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment