Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Easy Weekend

I really have nothing to blog about tonight....   but sometimes the nothing blogs are the easiest to read, so I thought I'd throw something together.

We had a low key, easy weekend.  We needed to catch up on life from being out of town, and Troy had projects to work on.  

Friday evening, Jen H and I laid on the sofa and watched a show that I'm too embarrassed to admit we watch.  No- it's not "Honeybooboo," ......but then again it's not much better either. :(  I should have taken a photo- but we were both in pajamas.....and I've come to learn that not everyone is willing to go on the blog in their pajamas. :)  I begged Jen to go into labor while at my house.....now that would have been a good blog post. My only request was that she run to the bathroom and not let her water break on my carpet.  HA! :)  There was nothing eventful though- she's still very pregnant :)

We spent the rest of the weekend running errands, doing laundry, and Troy worked on a presentation that he is giving in a couple of weeks.

I only took one photo of our running around....  and it's of the new self scan lanes at Sam's Club.  That's how exciting our weekend was ;).  You can now pick up the gun and scan your items without taking them out of the cart.  And no more waiting in line.  So nice.



Saturday evening, we ordered in a pizza, laid on the sofa and watched, "Big Miracle."


All of you with elementary school aged children- I highly recommend it.  It was SQUEAKY clean, and a sweet story.  A good family movie.



Fall arrived at the Davis household this weekend.....




and so began our favorite time of the year.








I can't get enough of the cool weather, the smell of pumpkin candles burning, the accents of fall colors sitting around the house.  It's such a cozy time of year. Troy and I always look forward to our yearly fall traditions as well.   We usually try to do an outdoor weekend every year.  Whether it's a trip to Brown County, or the mountains, or Huber's.  As silly as it sounds- we also always reserve one Saturday night for a scary Halloween movie and party food/appetizers.  Mom and I try to go to the Glendale Festival every year.  It has been our tradition for quite some time now.

I think that's all I have for you tonight.  Hope you enjoyed this beautiful fall weekend and are anticipating October traditions of your own!

Have a good Monday.

Love,

Kristin


2 comments:

  1. Kristin,

    Yes, Fall offers a nice break from the hot summer and a long Sunday drive to see the colorful leaves. Pumpkin bread, apple butter, the scent of pumpkin spice throughout the house and the promise that we will "soon" be decorating Christmas trees ! :-)

    Love You,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready for a trip to JOe Hubers too!

    ReplyDelete