Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

LOVEly Weekend & THE Robes

Our 5th Anniversary weekend has come and gone...  I know anyone reading is thankful- no more wedding talk. :)  

So you thought...  

I have to post about "the robes" to close this anniversary weekend.  And then I promise, wedding talk will be finished....  ..... until I have another excuse to bring it up :)

Troy and I spent the first night of our honeymoon at The Brown Hotel, before flying to Mexico.  Our first morning as husband and wife were spent in the robes that the hotel provided us.  This was the first morning that Troy and I had ever woken up next to one another, and these few pictures are priceless to me..... I was sad to leave those robes behind.




When we returned home from Mexico, we had a wedding gift opening party with our family and friends.  Mom and Dad knew nothing of these robes that we had worn on our honeymoon morning, but to our surprise, they purchased us two of them from the hotel gift shop as a honeymoon keepsake!




A year later on our first anniversary, I asked Troy to put the robe on while we ate the topper to our wedding cake (that had been in the freezer for a year) and toasted with our wedding flutes!  He thought I was nuts.... but did it anyway :)


It was probably 90 degrees outside, but he sat on our little apartment balcony in his honeymoon robe..... and did it with a smile :)



Year two rolled around...   and sure enough...  we had desserts and Champagne in our Brown Hotel robes again :)





The tradition continued.....


Year three.....




Year four:

the robe photo is missing....  so sad. :(



And here is this morning's photo (year five) before we went to breakfast :)



Who knew a set of robes would be one of the best keepsakes ever?! :)


And here are a few shots of our weekend...... which mainly consisted of dinner dates, sushi, martinis, fresh seafood, and planning our next trip to Disney World for the holidays (our anniversary gift!). We even saw Disney's new "Brave" in celebration of our trip/gift :)











What a LOVEly weekend it was!  Robes and all :)

Hope yours was too!

Love,

Kristin


1 comment:

  1. Kristin, We chose the robes as a gift because, after making sure robes were offered, I was "pretty sure" the two of you would eat breakfast in them. So glad you did. I Didnt know you would take pictures in them. :-) I'm thrilled you were able to make it your tradition. As always, I enjoyed the blog!
    Love You Both,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete