Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Turkey Weekend 2017



I spent 26 years watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while smelling my mom's turkey baking in the oven.  To this day, I still miss waking up to that smell on turkey day!



But I have to admit that this new version of Thanksgiving morning is awfully sweet....











.....and we do watch the parade ; )






















My favorite part of this holiday is no longer that smell of the turkey baking, but the fact that we can walk to Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' home.  We sang "over the river and through the woods, to Grandmom's  (and Grandad's!) house we go....."  and talked about what we were most thankful for.  This short turkey walk may have to be a tradition!






























A couple of days later, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Eric hosted the Davis Thanksgiving....









A wonderful time, as always....







We saw "The Star," on Thanksgiving weekend.  Such a sweet little movie.  Grab your tissues for that final manger scene!







We spent the rest of the weekend finishing up our decorating.....










I love Thanksgiving weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment