Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve

Can you feel it?  It's here.

It arrives every year around this time, and it's so beautiful to me.

I heard it in a conversation with the cashier attendant yesterday.  She appeared tired, yet kind and grateful.  I sensed that she could feel it too.  I could feel it in the car as we looked at lights last night... and in our home as we decorated cookies, my husband singing "it's Christmas time in the city..." (on repeat, all day)...   and as we read the story of the first Christmas.

A room illuminated only by a twinkling tree, a fire burning, the smell of cinnamon, and babies bouncing with anticipation.  I see it all around me.

And I feel it in me.  It's real.  He's real.

So real.

The spirit of Christmas is here.

I planned to share our card photo to wish you a Merry Christmas this evening.  I love Christmas cards.  I wait each day for them, hoping to see a mailbox full.  If you sent us one, I assure you it made my day.  And our card is sweet.  Chubby toddler hands dangling a wooden Merry Christmas sign.... knee socks and matching plaid....  Walt's tilted little head...  it's all irresistible to me.

But a card that I received yesterday, gave me all the feels.  My prayer is that it gives you the same.  

Can you believe the power of this gift?  An everlasting, world saving....eternity promising, perfect gift.  A gift that returns.....and comes with more anticipation and glory than my mind can grasp.

It's what that feeling is, tonight.  And my how precious it feels.

Merry Christmas from our family to yours.  We'll post our card eventually.... but tonight, this one seems much more special.  We pray you too feel His spirit on this holy night.

And thank you to Susan and John Thompson for the beautiful card.  

So much better than matching plaid.




No comments:

Post a Comment