Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2017

My Old Kentucky Home


I shared these on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, but wanted to have them in the memory book.

They are sweet images from a Derby week morning at a nearby farm.  I packed us a picnic lunch and food for the horses as well.

Oh how I wish I could bottle up this time....these simple days...



















































I've always said that a part of my heart yearns to live in the country side.  Away from it all.  Seeing my babies in a field of flowers, underneath a big blue sky makes me want it more.  Not because it's pretty, but because my heart has such a desire to protect them from all of the trouble in this world.  To be where things move a bit slower....  are a bit simpler.  












Troy reminds me that Chinese delivery, nearby drive through coffee (and cake pops!),  and high speed internet don't exist in my made up countryside house.  I suppose he's right.  


But what I wouldn't give ...or give up... to help protect this innocence forever...





















We spent last year's Derby week in Houston.  Living in that city opened our eyes in so many ways, and sure made us proud to hail from.....and return to...the bluegrass.

City or countryside....  I'll take my Old Kentucky Home in way, any day.

What a privilege it is to raise my family here.... 

 to call it mine.











No comments:

Post a Comment