Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Baby Update & More!



I have several weeks worth of photos to share.....

and many of you have asked for a baby update :)


But before baby talk......

let's talk the other big Davis event......the wedding!



A few weeks ago, Sarah's best friend surprised her and Eric with an engagement party....
















It was the first Davis family get together since losing Dad.  And just what we needed I think.  An enjoyable evening!


And speaking of wedding.....  Sarah was sweet enough to invite me to go wedding dress shopping!










I would love to post photos of her trying on dresses......   but my brother in law occasionally reads this blog, so I wouldn't dare ;)


I did however capture her engagement ring against several dresses......  beautiful!




Here are a few photos from game night at Heather & Adam's.  My camera died, so you'll have to ignore the poor quality of the cell phone pics.


We had appetizers, pizza, and apple "materni-tinis" (maternity martinis) ......  non alcoholic cocktails for expecting and nursing mommies!  So sweet of Adam to make for Heather and I.



All of us in this group are huge Disney fans......hence, our choice of game!

My favorite part of the evening was spending time with beautiful baby Katherine!





Thank you to Adam & Heather for hosting dinner for us!  And to Mona for keeping all of our calendars in sync :)



Sam had her work girls over last weekend, and invited me too!





I told Sam that the fact that this many women work together.....and all get along.... is truly a blessing!




Thank you to Sam and her work girls for letting me crash their party :)



I had a birthday this week!

Troy took me out to celebrate with one of my favorite meals.....









As did my parents and family......








Mom of course had a my favorite homemade birthday cake, and a beautiful table waiting for me after lunch.....











Thank you to my family for another great birthday!


Jennifer, Sam, and I are all a week a part, and we always get together to celebrate our birthdays.

At the last minute, we ditched our plans to go out and cooked together at home instead.

In our sweats :)

Kandice came too, but didn't make this picture :)




A few weeks full of parties and get-togethers have been fun....

but really....

our biggest joy these days is our little love on the way.

It's all we think about.....talk about....

I wonder what ever occupied our mind before this little one.

I'm constantly being asked how I'm feeling, what are my symptoms, cravings, etc.

And I love it!  I love when someone cares enough to ask about our baby.

And I love being able to record these pregnancy memories for us to look back on.  So here's a quick update....


Symptoms:  Close to nothing!  It's been a dream pregnancy so far.  I've not had one moment of nausea or discomfort in any way!  Really, the only symptom I had in the first trimester was fatigue. I am normally up until 11:30/midnight, but during the first three months, I was doing good to make it until 8:30. :)   Now that we're well into the second trimester, the fatigue is gone and I continue to feel great.  When someone ask how I'm feeling, I always tease and say "our baby is so sweet..... it would never make its momma sick."   Haha ;)

Physical changes/baby belly:  Really nothing in the belly during the first trimester.....   but since this is my memory book  (sorry)....  I would like to note that my bra size....  oh goodness.....that's another story! It was an immediate change, and my first indication that I could be expecting.
  At about the 16 week mark, I began to notice the belly changing....   and over the last week, I've noticed a significant difference.  I am currently 19 weeks, and I think my days of using the pony tail holder to extend my regular jeans .......are nearing the end.

Cravings:  For the first month I wanted nothing but Papa Johns pizza.  So gross!  I normally detest Papa Johns, but for some reason, it's all I wanted :)  The second month I craved a cheeseburger and a shake (why can't I crave fruit and broccoli like some expecting mothers???), and ever since.... I've wanted nothing but Mexican.  :)

Baby:  At the 18th week, I wondered if I felt the first flutter.  I'm longing to feel the baby kick and move.  Everything I read says between 17-22 weeks.  So hopefully not much longer!

And here are the belly pics that some of you have requested......


I started from the very beginning....  literally :)







Week 6.....








The first photo of our little love (December 26th).....


have you every seen anything so sweet??






And a photo from one of our post baby appointment lunches (which has become a tradition!).....






And this week marks the most important baby week thus far.......

it's gender week!!!

I ran errands today in my pink and blue (thank you Ann for passing this shirt on to me!) to celebrate our upcoming news......






Tomorrow.....  ON VALENTINE'S DAY.....  we will find out if our sweet little love is a Romeo or Juliet.

How perfect!?  I can't think of a sweeter, more romantic way to spend Valentine's Day.


We simply can't wait.  I probably won't sleep a wink tonight, knowing that it's hours until we learn of what God has blessed us with.  It's so very exciting!!







I can't believe that I've already reached the 1/2 way point of this pregnancy.  Five months has flown by.  I hope to treasure every minute of the next four months.

I think that's it for now!


Thank you for reading tonight.


I hope that my next post will be the big gender reveal!

Love,

Kristin


1 comment:

  1. You all are going to be the best parents, we know because you helped us raise Cammie. We will forever be grateful and Cammie will never forget the great moments you all shared. Don't forget, Cammie will be driving in two years if you ever need a date night. Love you both with all our hearts.

    ReplyDelete