Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Memories for a Cause!





Troy and I had the privilege of attending the 2013 American Cancer Society Gala.





Such an honor for Troy to be invited.






















It was a fantastic time!  The theme for this year's gala was "Another Year of Birthdays."  The first half of the evening was a formal affair with dinner, a live auction, and honoring cancer survivors and physicians who played a part in their story.  The second half of the evening was a celebration.  A huge birthday party, so to speak, with live entertainment, dancing, birthday cake, etc.. 






I would love to write more about this evening...  but I'm short on time, and the pictures tell the story anyway....














A very special thank you to Dr. Valdez, who invited this year's chiefs to accompany him to this event....









So proud of my chief!!









After bourbon tasting, dinner, and a live auction we had an evening of dancing....





























And keeping in theme with the birthday bash, a magician provided table side entertainment....







It was a special time with special people.  

And to think that all of this fun was to raise money for saving lives......what more could you ask for?

Truly an enjoyable evening.  I was so proud to be on my husband's arm!

He's no doubt my very own prince charming......

though I'm quite sure Cinderella never changed into Nike flip flops at the end of her ball.






And often the planning and preparation of such a special evening is as much fun as the actual event.  I'm sure that Mom never dreamed that she'd be still helping her 32 year old try on formal gowns.  It was like prom and wedding season all over again.  I love continuing to make memories like this....







And I have to point this out....   as I'm sending mirror photos of my final dress decision to Troy and the girls.....  Mom is in the background BUYING me my dress!?

And my shoes....  ;)

What would I do without her?  

I love you Mom.





And we can't have shopping photos of just me....   here is my handsome date being fitted for his tux.  I've decided that a tux jacket and scrub pants is the new sexy.....





Be.  Still.  My.  Heart.

I can't take it....

He's the best looking thing I've ever seen....   

even if he does stop to watch Harry Potter on the tv in the tux shop during a fitting...




I'd say our first gala was a success!

And what better memories than memories for a cause?






Thanks for reading : )

Love,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment