Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

March Madness!



I'm sure our version of March Madness looks a little different than most.

It didn't really consist of ball games or brackets....  which I know isn't the norm for this time of year.  I typically fill out my brackets based on locations I'd like to travel......  and Troy recently failed a quiz (given by Jennifer) of "name one player on the UofL basketball team"......

if that gives you any idea on how different our March Madness is. ; )

But nonetheless...  here are some photos from the last two weeks of March!

A few weeks ago, the girls and I did a 10K together.  Jennifer, Jen and I got together a few days before the race for one last work out and the finale of "The Biggest Loser!"





I do believe this may be the one and only time that our party/snack food consisted of grapes, apples and bottled water.

It's feels a little weird to watch "The Biggest Loser" with a bowl of ice cream....   not that we would know or anything...

;)





Here are some photos from my first 10K....






Such a neat feeling to cross the finish line of your first 10K......  especially with the very best of friends.







I loved being with the girls and doing this.  It's such a neat experience and something I'm so glad we take the time to work at and do together.



I have to say though....  that my favorite moment of the race happened with this guy......





Eric, my brother in law is a runner.  Like....   a real runner.

Not a runner who drinks coffee before the race and has to stop and use the porter potty at mile 4 (never again!!).  

And not a runner who has to set silly goals within the race, like... "don't stop running until you get to that building, then you can take a break and walk...."

But a real.......knows what he's doing.....   runner.

He smoked me in this race.  I don't even want to know how much faster he finished.  And yet...  he waited for me.  All that time.  It was cold, windy, and I know he was exhausted....  and yet he stood until I crossed the finished line so that he could cheer for me.

It will always be what I remember from my first 10K.

Thank you Eric (and Sarah!) for the encouraging text, and messages, and for waiting for me to cross the finish line.  I love you so much!




After the the 10K, we visited the Douglas Loop Farmer's Market for lunch. 










It was a wonderful morning!

Thank you girls for doing this with me.  

Jen- thank you for being my "coach."  For telling me to keep running on the treadmill, even when I think I can't go any longer...   for making me do burpees even though I swear to you that I'm dying.....and for encouraging me to do theses races!  I am so grateful.

And...... for all of you girls....and for memories sake ONLY.....  below is a microscopic photo of....  you know what.

You're welcome.

Now please don't screen print it onto our next tshirt.  








The evening of the 10K, we celebrated Mom's birthday.

Isn't she beautiful?




We got together for an evening of Italian food, desserts and gifts.






My mother is 58 years of perfection in my eyes. She has more love, warmth, and grace than any woman I know.  She can find good in anyone.....   anyone.  She has a forgiving and gentle spirit.  

Not to mention style and class. :)

She is everything I hope to be.

Hope you had a beautiful birthday Mom!  We love you so much!






We ended the last weekend in March with two holidays.....




Yes, I consider National Doctors' Day a holiday.....   anyone that knows how hard they've all worked, would too!

I pull these shirts out once a year in celebration of the big day....




Troy will say with concern, "if you wear that... people will stare at me...  and they will know that I'm a doctor."

Uhhh...   yeah..  

THAT'S THE POINT!!!  ;-)

Due to his humble heart, I usually just bum around the house in it.  

But I couldn't be more proud of him!




I joke...  but I love Troy's humble attitude so much.  I love that he doesn't shout from the roof tops that he's worked this hard....  earned this title.  It's endearing, sweet, and part of what makes him the best physician I know....

plus....  I do enough shouting from the roof tops for both of us.   :)



I blogged last year about Troy's journey through medicine (a small glimpse!):




Anyhoo- so we celebrated National Doctors' Day with wonderful friends..... the best physicians...  and fondue!




There isn't another group of people we would have rather been with that evening!  A wonderful way to celebrate NDD!



We finished March with Easter.

I did some Easter baking (with Kandice's help!) that week....






Cheryl and I were treated to Easter surprises from patients ...





....and we enjoyed a beautiful Easter Sunday!











We went to Easter service and then to my parents for a delicious Easter lunch...















Eric brought Troy a water gun because they always had them in their Easter baskets growing up.  I thought that was sweet.




After a wonder meal, we dug into our Easter baskets like a 3 year old would...we still get that excited...





Mom even had a basket for Papa George and Eric!  

How nice!?




Troy and Kandice did their annual "Easter Candy Swap."  They trade and swap candy from their baskets and are so serious about what they're going for.  It's hysterical.

Troy trying to wheel and deal...





As always...   it was a beautiful Easter!



And even though our March wasn't brackets and basketball-  we did think it was SO neat that the Cards won the big title!!!!!  Troy and I both stayed up late to watch and cheer on the cards.  Even though we're not big sports fans- we think it's neat that so many are, and are also proud to have such talent within our city.  What a fun day it was!

I wanted to include a few media photos for our memory.


Good luck to the lady Cards tonight!


That's all for now.

Thanks for reading!

Love,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment