Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Who Will You Tell?

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'd say our first two weeks of March have had plenty of "Irish" blessing!

We enjoyed an evening out with Mom & Dad....




They then had some Penny & Nate time afterwards.....





Nate lost a tooth at my house (Penny- PLEASE take your first step at my house!!!), and Mom and Dad played tooth fairy ;)







Last weekend, I dressed in blue and headed to Ann's shower to celebrate her baby BOY to be!






Warning:  I took 5,363 photos of Ann's shower....   and narrowed it down to 5,362.

Sorry.

She's too sweet and beautiful to cut even one!!!





Cooper & Cameron (twins!)- soon to be big brothers!









Some of Ann's nieces .....



Zoe is crazy about her Aunt Ann....









Ann's Mom, Vicki and her sister, Amy....




Grandma and all but one of her grand babies!





                             
                         Can't wait to meet baby boy #3.......   hope he's ready for this crew :)





A few days before her shower, Ann and I were able to sneak in an unexpected lunch date and some baby furniture browsing.  I enjoyed it so much!



Ann, 

I couldn't be any prouder of you!  You have created the sweetest family, and have a life that anyone would be proud to call their own.  

Thank you for sharing it all with me.

And here is your 7 month belly shot ;-)






Cheryl S and I got together again and made homemade pizzas and sat for several hours and just talked.  It was a wonderful afternoon as always.




We also had a lunch date with Mom, Eric & Sarah. 



Troy and I had a movie date with "Safe Haven," and wore our green this weekend....




Today we're enjoying a cold, dark, rainy St. Patrick's Day.  We've got the lights turned low, and the candles burning.  Troy's studying and I'm doing laundry and cleaning,....it's very exciting around here.




I read about St. Patrick this morning.  The poor guy......shamrocks, leprechauns, and a pot of gold is what we think of on March 17th....  and yet his story is so much more.

Though much of his life is unknown....  what we do know is that he had a passion to shed light on God's word throughout Ireland.  Though he faced death threats for doing so, he spread the Gospel and changed the hearts of both kings and servants, introducing them to Jesus.  He was a pioneer of Christianity.

I love the shamrocks......  I love the green food coloring added to our drinks....  I love telling Troy to kiss his fake-Irish wife all day.  My friends have sent me text of what they've done with their little ones to celebrate all things green today.  And I love it.  I can't wait to do the same.

But I guess if I truly want to honor St. Patrick today....  I have to pray that I have the same courage that he had.

That when a patient (who I feel doesn't know the Lord) talks to me in depth about her husband drinking himself into a mess every evening......  that I have the courage to tell her that I'm praying for her husband.  And that I know of something ......  of someone....  that can help her.  Or more importantly....  that even though she looked at me like I had two heads when I told her I would pray (still nothing compared to the persecution that St.Patrick must have received) that I am brave enough to tell her that I'm still praying when I see her next.

It's easy to talk about Jesus with the ones we love.....  or the ones we feel believe the same.  But
saying what you feel or believe to someone that you know believes differently ...  isn't as comfortable.

It's funny....   if I find a new pair of shoes, a new handbag, a new restaurant, or TV show that I like....  I tell everyone I know that they HAVE to have it.  I'm not subtle about it....   if you don't buy this pair of shoes, you're nuts...   and if you don't crave this restaurant every day of your life, there's something wrong with you.

I get a little passionate about the things I like.

And the interesting thing is- a few months later, I'm over that pair of shoes, or burnt out on that restaurant.

Imagine the work we could do if we raved about Jesus (who we never bore or tire of)  like we did our new favorite clothing line.....  or our favorite basketball team.

If He doesn't define you....  if He isn't what makes up every fiber of your being..... if you don't fall asleep at night while talking to Him...  then yes....

you are probably like my patient was (and a lot of people I come across) and are thinking I'm a little nuts...  or maybe just young, naive and confused.

But if Jesus is your everything ....   then maybe honor St. Patrick and think about sharing Him with someone.  I'm not insinuating that you go all Billy Graham or Joel Osteen on them (though for the record- I think it would be lovely.... ;-) ....but if He fills you with love and hope in a way only He can...  why not share?

St. Patrick told all of Ireland.

Who will you tell?

That's all for me today...... due to my lack of St. Patrick's Day dinner planning (and lack of groceries in the house!)... I've got to quickly figure out what fast food or take out place can produce something Irish... -ish.

McDonald's Filet-o-Fish and fries maybe can pass for Irish Fish and Chips?

Arby's sandwich for Corn beef?

Wish me LUCK!

Love,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment