Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Young at Heart



Shortly before Walt was born, a dear friend gifted us a pillow from the Peter Pan shop of Magic Kingdom.  The words "Never Grow Up," are stitched across it, and it still sits in the rocking chair of Walt's nursery.

As much as I love watching my babies grow, a part of me wishes that they could stay little forever.  I'm enjoying this phase of life so very much, and don't ever want it to end.  And I also love the idea behind Peter Pan's message of "never growing up..."  ....  to always be young at heart.

It was the inspiration behind this year's Halloween costumes....and Walt could not have been more excited.





He spent several afternoons playing in his costume....running through the back yard, hiding from pirates, and hunting for treasure.





Before becoming a mom, you could have never convinced me that I would have let my little one roll around in the leaves and climb trees in his Halloween costume.  A Halloween costume is to be kept nice...  for Halloween events only.

But then I became a Mom.

And my heart can't resist the joy in his face.  

Even if it does mean a wrinkly, dirty costume for Halloween..
















And the only thing as precious as Peter Pan, is this tiny Tinker Bell...


















.....be still my heart.









Her first Halloween!











And who are Peter Pan and Tinker Bell without the rest of the crew?!?

When playing Peter Pan, Walt always has every character present and accounted for....






What we wouldn't do for our Peter Pan and Tinkerbell...   in hopes that in some ways, they never grow up....  always remaining young at heart.









Stay tuned for more photos of our Peter Pan family costume night out!  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment