Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

When In Rome



Every March, the city of Houston explodes with all things cowboys and country.  The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is a HUGE event for the state of Texas, and Houstonians look forward to it all year long.  It kind of reminds me of the way Louisville does the Kentucky Derby, but on a larger scale.  Everything truly is bigger in Texas!

NRG Stadium/Reliant Park is home to the Rodeo, and right around the corner from our apartment.  We knew this would probably be our only opportunity to experience such an event, and all that it entails......  plus, you couldn't help but to get into the Rodeo hype.

When in Rome...











In addition to the actual Rodeo show, there are MILES of activities.  Livestock, a huge carnival, music, etc.  

We walked for hours (all day!).... which at almost 36 weeks pregnant, I thought was pretty good.






And then someone stopped me to ask if I was carrying twins....

so that was fun.




But unfortunately, that didn't stop me from enjoying one of the things the Houston Rodeo is known for.

Who can resist this?








We also enjoyed a few carnival rides...







.....and then headed to the Rodeo.






It was quite the experience, and kept Walt very entertained.










There are SO many neat things to do in this city.  We've enjoyed experiencing all that it has to offer.  It makes my hometown feel small and simple.  And after conquering a day at the Rodeo, I left feeling a little more Texan... thinking that maybe being a Texan is a good thing....

but then we pulled out of the parking lot..

 (obviously cute cowgirl boots & hats temporarily cloud my thinking).


At the end of the day....they can keep their bulls and longhorns.... 

and I'll (always) proudly claim My Old Kentucky Home.

Three months and counting!

Thanks for checking in on us.

Love,

Kristin




No comments:

Post a Comment